As we were developing our animation pipeline we ran a number of tests to make sure there would be no nasty surprises when we moved into production. This was our final attack animation test in that process. We have since added one more step, which allows us to change the timing of the animations to make them punchier.
We learnt a few lessons that seem obvious in hindsight, but that's why testing like this is so important. I've embedded our animation tests below. The bottom one is the first one we did.
We're now going full bore and are about a week away from finishing our first character's animation set.