TAXINAUT IN-DEVELOPMENT/EARLY-ACCESS RELEASE
TAXINAUT has been in development for more than 3 years and is finally coming out in early-access format on itch.io on March 6th 2020 for $5.99.
The aim is to have a game that provides enough content for about 20 hours of play and to have it so a player never has to start a new game to access new content.
- V0.7 - $5.99: Current version. Seems stable to me but issues are to be expected. Content is lacking. There's a chance you will have to start a new game to play new content or versions.
- V0.8 - $7.99: Stable and from this version on you should never have to start a new game. Content will still be lacking.
- V0.9 - $9.99: Stable and although some content is still not there everything should be working to be able to play through a "main story-line".
- V1.0 - $12.99: Stable and with enough content for at least 20 hours.
Buying any version of course gives you access to all future versions. After V1.0 I plan to continue developing content & features. Everything will of course depend on whether I will be able to generate enough income from TAXINAUT. I plan to work on it for at least a year and hope to manage at least V0.9 within a year. Regardless of sales, I will do my best to deliver at least V1.0. Of course if I have to find other sources of income then progression to V1.0 will be significantly slower.
- Over 100,000 star-systems each with on average 3 planets you can descent to and fly over their surface.
- Descent and ascent seamlessly to and from planets.
- Traffic-control and stations with startports and customs.
- Suitably annoying traffic, especially on busy planets.
- Fly into other traffic and interact with the occupants.
- Planetary expressway and grid-based traffic for faster traversal.
- Planets with special weather.
- Galaxy-wide day and night cycle which affects prices and what's out there.
- Everything costs or pays a galactic currency called VUDU which is also your lifeblood: when you run out, you die.
- Store some of your VUDU at a bank for safe keeping or take out a loan; lose your home when you don't repay your loan in time.
- Sleep at motels to create a checkpoint and/or avoid the night or day time.
- Special harder to find locations that have special benefits (e.g. they sell better warp-cores).
- Simply quit when you want and continue where you left off next time.
- When you die you respawn at your last resting place but with only 1 point of VUDU and most of the injuries and damage you took.
- Buy a home where you can create regular save-games that you can load at any time for a full recovery of your progress just like in most other games.
- Planetary underground dungeon systems.
- Order items remotely from your home from most discovered traders and have them delivered at your door the next morning.
- Faction based law-system with different rules, permits, tickets and warrants for different factions.
- Variety of methods for interstellar-travel: Use warp-cores or teleporters or book passage on transporters or intergalactic-liners.
- Laid back pure mouse-controls for PC lovers: Mouse in one hand, beverage in the other.
- Buy information from people, charm them, hit them, kill them, etc.
- Extensive galaxy-map with filter to find back discovered sites and job opportunities.
- See a map of any planet you've visited an the places you've discovered there.
- Difficulty rating, icons and indicators on potential fares tell you what you need to know about the trip ahead (if that information is available).
- Some fares are meter based with an array of possible surcharges, others are simply fixed-price.
- Passengers can give tips when happy but get increasingly upset if you take too long; they can run without paying, attack or rob you.
- Windows 10 (It works on Linux but with some issues so it won't be available this year).
- 3GHz i5
- 6GB RAM
- Mouse with left- and right-button and scroll-wheel (a touch-pad like on a laptop will not be pleasant).