Greetings and good tidings! This week we’ve wrapped up testing and thus, our first public demo is here!
But first, here's some of our progress over the last month or so:
The preliminary forest, down river from the Town. Of course, the full forest will encompass a lot larger area than what will be playable in the first public demo.
This scene, you’ve been dying to see, is accessed from the Town. All the graves are new props.
Jon, besides programming, has worked on these individually UV’d & textured (instead of cubic mapped) stone structures, with the addition of some greenery at the base.
MISC BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed jump-roll bug. If you jump & roll in the air, the camera will no longer get stuck down lower, as if crouching.
- Cave dwellers/Ruffians in the cave, now carry light sources (such as torches).
- Newly created player characters now start with clothes… It’s about time! :)
- You can no longer jump into other players’ select panels in the Player Setup scene, fixing bug.
- Moved spawn positions inside walls for bats in Water Cave.
- Fixed bug where hitting limbs with specific pieces of armor (with no assigned armor hit sound definition), wouldn’t make a sound. They will now play the normal material hit sounds (whether wood/metal/etc).
- Setup villagers to return to their original position, if they’re far enough from it and not occupied by a more prominent goal.
- Setup text to highlight on radio selection buttons, if selected (e.g. pause menu tabs/pages: inventory, abilities, status, etc).
- Horse now stops on scene-load/start, to prevent the immediate galloping into another portal/warp.
- Replaced old white placeholder buildings with ones that actually have textures: wooden trim corners, plaster walls, & hay roofs.
- Main camera will no longer hit the “fail-safe trigger.”
- Torso look is now reduced when climbing a tree or sleeping.
- Now when a GOAP agent is forced to re-plan, the previous running goal action will be cleaned/exited correctly. Essentially, it fixes the chicken squirming animation, when thrown, to properly end.
THE PUBLIC DEMO TRAILER
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO
You can download the demo here on indieDB: Indiedb.com.
Or, on itch: niemi-bros.itch.io/the-arcane-relics. On itch, you are given the option to support us, by paying whatever amount you please. We also started a discussion board on itch, where you can easily provide us with feedback. We appreciate any contributions.
We didn’t get all the issues/bugs fixed that we wanted to, but, for the most part, we got the critical ones.
Now, with this release, we’re going to take a short break from daily development, a sort of limited vacation.
Enjoy the demo!