So as the title states, I've not gotten much done this week. I've had a super busy week. This trend will likely continue to the next blog post, unfortunately. HOWEVER! I did get some stuff sorted out and actually improve the game. So let's jump into what happened.
So last week we left off with me talking about the new graphics options and how the menu was broken. Well, good news and bad news. First off, the good news. The menu is fixed and is quite good for a developer-only debugging menu. Bad news: No FPS options. Last week I said that I was planning on having 30, 60, 90, or 120 FPS options. Don't get me wrong, I tried. I spent a whole day out of the week trying to get it working, but to no avail. Of course, I could get it working, but that's not the problem.
The problem is that the game, although only v0.2, is too far along to add that. There was one major problem that prevented it, and it would've taken far too long to fix when I need to focus on more important things. So, for now, and likely forever, the game will stay locked at 60FPS.
I'm very sorry about this. I should have not said anything about it until it was guaranteed to be in the game. But, it is 60FPS, so to my understanding, the PC gaming community is alright with 60.
But, I did do more than that. There are new graphics options, each of which work.
- Scale -- 1 - 4x normal resolution
- AA -- 0, 2, 4, 8
- And I think something else
Other than that, there were a bunch of little tweaks and fixes, and I added a bunch (15-30) new chunks for the level generator to make it more random.
So sorry about the week, and have a good weekend!