Status update Complete with Screenshots!
I thought I would post a little progress update for those following the mod.I have been patiently waiting for the new C2 Editor to be released which has slowed my progress down a bit. Lighting is such a chore that I wanted to take full advantage the features of C3 and I didn't know if I could import my existing work into the new engine. I have rewritten much of the script and designed much of the last map on paper so the mod has not stagnated completely. Recently, I have begun making changes to the existing maps in order to finish the mod for Crysis instead of waiting for the new editor. This decision has a few pros and cons that I will list here:
1. I can finish the mod faster
2. People who do not own Crysis 2 will not be left out.
1. While the level design will change in the current maps, it will not be as dramatically different as I would like.
2. The lighting limitations make it difficult to achieve the look I want.
I am making the following changes to finish the mod:
1. The main character is now a man named Phoenix instead of Nomad.
2. The script has been heavily modified to have a tighter, more defined narrative.
3. The voiceovers will almost all be re-recorded to reflect the newer script.Not having to use the existing recorded responses from Nomad will make the dialogue flow much better.
4. There will be several cosmetic Improvments to the existing maps.
5. Lights and Particle Effects will be triggered on and off when the player enters or exits an area. This should provide better performance as well as fix a few graphical glitches.
6. The opening map will be VERY different from the current incarnation to accomodate the new script.For your viewing pleasure, I have included several comparision screenshots of the changes I have already made.