SoD - Sultan Of Drugs
I started working on this map mid October since I was really busy before that time. The first week I explored modular assets and tested some settings abuot the engine.
30 October 2020
- After playing a little bit with modular assets and natural models, I ended up sketching the rough backdrop, terrain and buildings placement.
- Landscape splines used to draw streets.
- I used one of the many terrain materials and manually painted the first division between the desert and the green area.
- I added a HeightFog with Volumetric Shadows to simulate the "Sandstorm" effect all over the map.
- Large sequence of the same wall instance has been achieved using HISM actors.
2 November 2020
- I copied a little portion of map from "PowerPlant" because I was planning to place this map near that region (you can actually see the dam in this map) and i modified them to create a new, large, building.
- Added an abandoned parking zone near these buildings.
- Started working on some interiors.
20 November 2020
- Copied and modified a portion of the garage section from Ministry (entrance and stairs).
- Using this area as startup, i built 2 floors for the manor.
- Using stairs from Ministry, I added the upper portion of the manor (HQ/Echo).
- Complete sketch of the Villa building.
28 November 2020
- Added more ruins in the middle of the map.
- Added river rocks.
- Created a modified version of the terrain material to use a texture fitting the river ground.
2 December 2020
- Started working on details and interiors.
- Modified some buildings to increase feeling of destruction.
- Added some road obstacles near the Mosque
3 December 2020 - 5 December 2020
- Mostly worked on details and interiors.
- Added some trees using the foliage tool.
6 December 2020 - 8 December 2020
- Started using HLODs to reduce CPU and GPU usage.
- Added some particle effects and decals
- Added more details
Past 8 December 2020
- Map optimization with HLODs and baked lights.
- Added even more details thanks to the optimizations.
- Added gameplay actors like destructables.
- Used foliage tool to apply grass, little rocks and illegal plants.
- Worked on Nav Mesh to ensure correct navigation of bots.
- Worked on implementing Checkpoint game mode as first one.
- Added reinforced AICovers.
- Added minimap with correct positions.
- Worked on interior linghting and reflection captures.
- Modified some little portions of the map to improve gameplay experience.
- Added ingots custom model and modified original texture "T_SpiceShop_01_BC" for illegal harvest.
- Merged some natural meshes to improve performance overall.
- Added truck entrance but this currently doesn't work on the standalone game.
21 December 2020
- Published for testing!