Update v1.1000 - Get 'em off my sky
We+re continuing our work on the combat AI and on new content in general, but we thought it might be a good idea to release these fixes and changes to you ladies and gentlemen to have a smoother experience.
The highlight this time are fighters. More specifically, NPCs now properly launch and use fighters. We've automatically implemented a safety-switch so this only becomes apparent after you reach level 10. Just to make sure you have a chance and not get obliterated by the first enemy fighter wing ;).
The second thing to mention is the ability to become neutral/friendly with all factions. This comes with a limitation however! But only for now. This mechanic is apparent for now only if you start a NEW freeroam game. The next update should bring proper script checks and events to make the necessary changes in existing save files (both freeroam and campaign).
- FIXED: Several calculation and info display errors related to selling a captured ship before sending it to the garage and selling it from the garage
- FIXED: Info panel of a captured ship now properly displays Cargo hold data
- FIXED: Several errors where the Schematic panel (lower left HUD) displayed info on empty weapon slots
- FIXED: A problem using the Contraband scan panel when playing with controllers, that could potentially cause the game to freeze
- FIXED: Fire at will activation sound warning will no longer fire off when attempting to activate Fire at will while in Power to engines
- FIXED: A potential error where you could, in some instances pass through asteroids while in Power to Engines and in Go To mode
- FIXED: A sound related error that could sometimes occur that manifested as crackling noise, usually happening when passing sector boundaries
- FIXED: Your ship should no longer have pathfinding problems when in Go To mode. No more circling around stations.
- FIXED: Several smaller memory leaks to increase overall game stability
- FIXED: An error with object markers being displayed in front of you, when in fact the object is behind you
- FIXED: Sub system targeting keyboard shortcuts are now properly functional
- FIXED: Several smaller issues with the Fleet->Ships panel
- FIXED: An error that prevented the player from mounting Blazar heavy weapon onto his/her ship
- FIXED: Several errors in the German localized version that didn't switch text tokens properly in some instances ("RegionName")
- FIXED: A Reputation and Mercenaries related problem that could prevent you from hiring mercenaries, or to display their alignment properly
- FIXED: A problem with UI sliders that would cause you to affect one slider even if you were hovering the mouse over another one
- FIXED: A problem that could prevent you from using Scavenger swarm via the context menu
- FIXED: Several errors with Enhancement bonuses not being displayed until anchoring
- FIXED: Revenge is sweet achievement now works as intended.
- FIXED: No galaxy for old men achievement now works as intended. Veterans now spawn in Gemini more frequently
- FIXED: It's raining death achievement now works as intended.
- FIXED: Homewrecker achievement now works as intended.
- FIXED: Friendly fire frenzy achievement now works as intended.
- FIXED: You da boss! achievement now works as intended
- FIXED: An error related to the Bookworm achievement that prevented it from saving properly
- FIXED: Salvaging a derelict with the Scavenger swarm is now properly taken into account in regards to the linked achievement
- FIXED: A problem that in some instances prevented you from installing heavy weapons onto the Adhara chassis
- FIXED: A problem that in some instances prevented you from installing heavy weapons onto the Medusa chassis
- FIXED: An error with calculating bonuses on some achievements that actually caused penalties instead of bonuses (Power to engines charge-up time)
- FIXED: An interface glitch that caused the Cloaking field system icon to display wrong in some instances on the Fleet panel
- FIXED: A discrepancy with the Loading bar progress that made it look like the game stopped working, but in fact the loading bar wasn't 100% synced with the actual loading
- FIXED: Platforms can no longer easily see cloaked ships and attack them on sight
- FIXED: Several errors in the Russian localization
- Some custom keymapping could get overwritten
- Several problems with overlapping text
- Skill and Perk titles on their corresponding tooltips are now properly displayed in Russian
- Waypoint is now properly named in Russian instead of English on target lock
- Asteroid is now properly named in Russian instead of English on target lock
- Several Wrong base link errors that could occur in some instances
- ADDED: You can now target-lock enemy fighters
- ADDED: You can destroy enemy fighters with heavy weapons and the Atlas Defense Fields
- ADDED: NPCs can now launch fighters
- UPDATED: Grappler System disabled text changed to System damaged to prevent confusion
- UPDATED: NPCs don't use mines, SETH platforms or fighters before player reaches level 10
- UPDATED: Added a chance to be attacked by hostiles during Science and Maintenance Freelance missions
- UPDATED: Fighters have new object markers
- UPDATED: Atlas Defense Field effective radius increased to 450
- UPDATED: Travel Agent achievement works as intended. Becoming neutral/friendly with each faction is now possible in freeroam and in the campaign mode (but AFTER completing the storyline)
- UPDATED: Assassins random encounter ships now properly decloak and do not simply appear
- UPDATED: NewGame.sgs file (Freeroam new game definition file) changed to allow becoming neutral/friendly with all existing factions
- UPDATED: Anchoring on stations now automatically deactivates cloak
- UPDATED: Riftways optimized to increase game performance
- UPDATED: Collect all now checks if there are any ship systems and/or Equipment in the loot and collects it regardless if you don't have enough space in cargo hold to collect potential Commodities
- UPDATED: Changing Energy distribution to increase speed during Power to Engines now automatically increases speed to maximum
- UPDATED: Landing on planet Trinity during the initial campaign mission is now free-of-charge
- UPDATED: Light weapons rebalanced
- beams are now efficient and (almost) on par with other weapons (they still stay the weakest because of instant hit mechanic)
- weapons are now put in weapon grades(so grade 5 beam should fit the grade 5 railgun strength)
- energy costs are changed
- big pricing changes
- UPDATED: heavy weapons have received reload time buff to make them more interesting to players
- UPDATED: some heavy weapons changed
- UPDATED: Ship weapon battery changes for specific ship classes, with some freedom of numbers around the base values
If you're looking for Starpoint Gemini 2 Steam store page, look no further ;).
Thank you for reading and safe travels captain!