So then, here is the reward for all the moaning in the forums about the 3.0.3 out of sync issue - 3.0.4
The first thing you may notice, when you fire up a game is that we have removed the credits resource entirely... No! That doesn't mean you can roll out 20 Tavaras with 3.0.4, vessels are still limited, however there is no global limit (credits) anymore. You actually have more choices now how to build up your base and fleet.
If you hated the old Klingon turret model like we did the last few years, fear no more! A brand new model is included in 3.0.4.
A ton of fixes are also included to patch up the slightly flawed 3.0.3 version. As mentioned the heavy multiplayer out of sync issues, the broken graphics dialog, and some save game loading crashes along some smaller bugs.
We'd like to thank everyone who sent in a bug report or crashing savegame.
Patch 3.0.4 is compatible with all previous 3.0.x installations. You do NOT need to have previous patches installed before you install 3.0.4, you can Patch a blank 3.0 installation right away.
- A complete new Klingon Heavy Weapon Platform model along with new weaponry
- Credits costs have been removed. All vessels which did cost credits prevously are now limited. Some unit prices have been adjusted
- You do no longer need to toggle into mixed-tech mode on captured vessels. Build menus are instantly updated
- Changed the probability to get certain Warp-In vessels. At a very low chance you may now even get two "large" Warp-In vessels like Galaxies
- The Cloaking Generator itself may now also cloak
- Weapon Subsystem is now indestructible, but may still be disabled due to the effects of special weapons
- Fixed two severe issues causing 'out of sync' problems in multiplayer games
- Fixed broken Graphic Options dialog from 3.0.3
- Ship caps are now also accounted for vessels that are under construction
- Craft system damage is now correctly applied after vessel upgrade or rankup
- Fixed a save game loading crash
- Cloaked vessels could not be attacked when revealed by a sensor station
- The Klingon AI is now able to advance through its complete tech-tree
- Fixed invalid selection area for the Klingon Field Yard
- Fixed some asteroid belts on variouse maps
- The Extend Supply Routes hotkey is working now
- Borg Assimilators may now correctly use the High Energy Slizer Collective Feature
Note: Save games made with previous versions are incompatible. Please do not report crashes caused by them.