For those of you not aware (and those who have the misfortune of residing in caves), SpringFling is an engaging and addictive vertical platformer for the iPhone set in the beautifully rendered world of SpringTown.
This quote basically sums up the feeling / style of SpringFling: "Have you ever wanted to be a spring? No? Oh, sure you have! Imagine the cool breeze in your face as you fly skyward, avoiding certain death in the cavernous depths below, all while impressing your fans with your high flying springy antics. Fling your way up tree branches, fly through sewers, scale waterfalls, and collect silly hats, all while looking super fly. Kids still say that these days, right?"
While updates on the ModDB front have not exactly been numerous, I can assure you SpringFling is well on its way to an October iPhone release. Today marks a major milestone in the development of SpringFling with the announcement of a new website and cinematic trailer!
The spiffy new website can be found at Springflinggame.com and the trailer can be found right here at the wonderful ModDB video section of SpringFling, as well as through the Vimeo link below or the high quality Quicktime version here.
Check out the remainder of the press release:
The game touts a promising and simple game design philosophy with the primary goal to "go up". A simple swipe on the touch screen controls the compression of a small, cute spring character, causing it to fly into the air from platform to platform. Collect powerups, recharge your spring power, and go higher and higher up each of the six infinite levels.
* Online leaderboards - Challenge your friends and see where you rank in the world
* Achievements - Collect trophies for your mastery of the fling
* 6 hand-crafted level themes, each with infinite height and rich 2d and 3d scenes
* Original soundtrack written exclusively to compliment each level
* Spring customization - Trick out your spring with hats, faces, and disguises
* Multiple unique powerups to help you along your way
* Realistic physics with PhysX integration
* Facebook Integration using the AGON Social Platform for iPhone Games
* Twitter Integration - Tweet your best score to friends and envious followers
The game will be available on the App Store in early October, but check out the trailer and screenshots to tide you over until then. Also visit the developer blog at Gtjuggler.blogspot.com or the game website at Springflinggame.com
And who could forget screenshots?
As always, comments are always welcome. Give us a follow and check back as I post progress on the game over the next weeks! Spring on!