Space Hexplorer - Weapon Break Down.
Today I will be explaining each weapon and it's proposed advantages and disadvantages.
- Forward Firing-Laser: this is one of only weapons that have auto-aim. This makes it miss a lot. It's damage is increased to compensate for it's accuracy. This is the most common weapon found in SH. Graphic is a short blue or orange line (laser bolt). Fast firing speed medium damage.
- Missile Launcher: the missile launcher has homing missiles that lock on the nearest target when fired. It has the longest range of any weapon. The graphic is a small triangular missile (in the future will have a trial of some sort). Is is medium firing medium damage weapon.
- Beam Turret: This weapon is the second most common weapon in SH. It has a range in-between the Las and missile launcher. It will auto-track to the nearest enemy command module. This make it very useful to quickly take out a ship. It also can pierce blocks and take out fragile blocks like shields. The graphic is a 'raycast' line that slowly dissipates. The beam can also miss if the ship is going fast or is very narrow in design. Also the firing speed is the slowest of all weapons and can be very erratic at times.
- Plasma Shot Gun: This is a very deadly weapon for both its target and its user. The gun shoots 5-7 shot-gun pellets doing very high damage to anything it hits. But the range of this weapon is very short. Which requires the user to get dangerously close to its intended target. The graphic is a small circle that shrinks in size.
- Mine Layer: This weapon is a rare fine on the battlefield but can be very deadly in the right hands. This weapon lays mines that cause high damage to multiple blocks when hit. This graphic is a small 4 sided star.
New video showing larger ship battle and block drops. I also had the enemy damage turned down because I was debugging something: