We are updating Sol-Ark's page by new devlog (14/04/2015 CheckPoint) and new gameplay video.
All graphics and gameplay features are a work in progress.
Look, how Sol-Ark evolves right before your eyes!
* We are working on the algorithm for calculation of penetration depth also
* At the left side of the screen you can see a shunting engine. There is no separate sprite for it yet, but this is only a question of time
* Don't worry about GUI, buttons and panels, they are - only draft version for testing. All of them will be modified and completed in future.
* When you shoot manually all torpedoes become unguided. So, you need to consider the speed and trajectory of enemy. But also you gain ability of aimed fire.
List of performed work:
These bugs are fixed:
- With collision calculations for locations, which haven’t been completed;
- With shell’s penetration through walls;
- With shell’s explosion inside a wall;
- With incorrect calculation for rotation speed of locations;
- With map tiles bending while connecting with turned location;
- With incorrect coordinates for objects changing after connection to a turned location;
- With incorrect coordinate calculation for a connecting gateway;
- With incorrect choice of main engines for lateral braking of the location;
- With mouse cursor disappearing on the local space map level while aiming at some types of objects;
- With double collision calculations for the same objects in local space;
- With incorrect counting of cannons which are ready to fire;
- With incorrect visualization for connecting bays in the window with selection options for connection;
- With checking for the appearance of background asteroids during approach to an asteroid belt;
- Other bugs;
- Indication of NPC’s morale was added;
- Visualization algortihm was added for objects without texture with GPU usage;
- A new type of technic was added - “shunting engine”, which is responsible for rotating a location;
- From now on all engines have their own direction of operation, depending on their rotation;
- A ship movement scheme was modified for our new concept of main and shunting engines;
- The ship’s movement logic was modified for our new engine concepts;
- Manual control of the ship was modified for our new engine concepts;
- Ability to manually shoot from selected types of cannons was added;
- Ability to switch the auto mode for shooting on/off from selected types of cannos was added;
- Readiness indicators for shooting cannons on each side of the ship were added;
- Ability for manual connection to a location was added;
- Operating algorithm for technics type “connecting bay” was modified;
- Ability was added to connect with a location under 90, 180 and 270 degree angles;
- A calculation algorithm was added which allows two locations to be connected with the connection bay;
- Work continues on the first official teaser video for the game;
- New music tracks were created; work continues on voice, sound and music coverage for the teaser video;
- Works continues on the main story-line and tutorial;
- Works continues on filling and polishing the GDD;