Secret Keepers RPG is a semi-open world party-based third-person RPG using the AOE3 game engine. While this mod is still in development, so far I am implementing the following features:
- Opening and closing cinematics with voice acting, and plenty of story cutscenes
- Camera follows your party leader, and you can toggle between your other party characters with a simple point and click.
- Main questline and additional sidequests
- Homecity has been turned into your Party Viewer, and the homecity deck is now your Inventory.
- All new units, with new stats and a different game balance
- Semi-customizable party. If certain characters join you, others are excluded.
- Player's in-game choices affect the world at large.
- New textures
- New civilization flags and unique cultures.
- Massive semi-open world with plenty of eyecandy and seven unique environments.
- Unique world lore and backstory.
- New music
- World map - accomplished without any new ui
- Subtle changes to the original UI
- New resource system: coin, reinforcements, and infamy
- "Treasures" revamped as interactable items
- Trigger effects replaced (when possible) with technologies and other mods, significantly reducing trigger lag.
As of right now nearly all these features are successfully in development and will be implemented in the final game. Certain features, such as sidequests and a complete open world, will not be included in the demo.