One month ago we successfully released our Dev-Demo and are very pleased with the feedback we have gotten. Apart from several bugs which our meticulous testers have dug out, we have received many great ideas. With these in mind we sat down and eagerly got to work. You can observe the results of this in our first update. You can either download it on our website, or here:
This Dev-Demo is different from a regular demo, because it will be constantly updated in the course of our development. That way you can see how Schein evolves and improves. The following development log gives a short list of the most important changes we have made.
- 12/21/2012 — First Dev-Demo Update (v0.3.1)
- revised and refined collision detection and collision response
- polished background assets and visuals (you can also catch a glimpse of the new asset approach in our latest trailer)
- implementation of ground fog and experimental heat haze
- new GUI system and restructured menu
- new static sounds
- 11/15/2012 — Release of the Dev-Demo (v0.3.0)
We would love to know how you like the changes. Do you like our new trees? Have you noticed the fog? Is our menu less complicated? Or have we even changed something to the worse? – Let us know!
Visit our forum or drop us a line at info[at]scheingame.com. If you'd like to stay informed about the further development of Schein, sign up to our newsletter or follow us on Twitter. We're also on Facebook - come and like us!