Hello and welcome
to another one of our rousing Rttf’s! Here we are half way through June for the mid month Rttf. Lately, the Dev team has been making some nice progress on converting the game over to the Orange Box. There will be some more information on that below.
However, as normality states, any new members are introduced here. With that note, I would like to give a warm welcome to:
Robert Stoneman (Steinmann) – Cinematics
Steinmann’s previous experience includes producing videos such as War of the Servers and the Mass Effect 2 Teaser trailer. These works and more can be viewed at Robertstoneman.com. As a part of the Dev team, he will be working on videos, movies, or teasers for future releases. In an essence, he is in charge of taking any part of the game that we whisper into his ear and making a sweet video about it.
Next up, let's take a look at some of the new material that the Devs have been punching out. First of all, Eero has been "slaving over his computer" to make a very sexy new logo for RnL. Check it out!
Ryan Duffy has finished skinning the BAR(Browning Automatic Rifle) that you all saw an unfinished version of in a previous Rttf. He is on to bigger and better things now. Of course, I can’t tell you about those, but let’s take a look at that BAR.
I case you didn’t notice in the BAR picture, Eero’s new logo acts as a sweet watermark.
Now for the RTTF Q and A’s:
1. We have been waiting for a long time for another release. Will we be able to get the Beta or Beta test anytime soon?
Clearly you did not read the update on the Resistance and Liberation main page from June 10th. I recommend you do so.
2. This was asked last time, but now because you have Robert Stoneman, will you be working on a cinematic trailer for your OB-release?
A trailer for the Orange Box release has a much higher chance of happening with a cinematic expert on the team. Whether or not one is made still comes down how busy we are on other projects.
3. Are there going to be any other "classes" included in the next release or planned for near future releases?
There is a possibility that there will be another class for the next release of RnL, but we are currently focusing on properly porting the Episode 1 build to the Orange Box.
4. The machine gun’s recoil has always been debated. Will its recoil stay the same or will it be changing?
We agree with you that recoil has never been quite right. There are a couple of Devs who are hard at work to get the recoil to be as realistic as possible. Thanks to the help of the Beta testers, issues like this are able to be pinpointed faster which means sooner fixes.
5. Does RnL support Dual/Quad Core systems? Will RnL’s future releases support Dual/Quad Core systems?
There is no support for Multi-Core Processors in the current version of RnL, but there will be in the Orange Box. The engine is what determines whether or not a game will support multi-core processors. The Orange Box engine supports multi-core, so when RnL is released on the Orange Box, it will also.
6. Will the Orange Box version allow for more than 32 players? Maybe 64?
Allowing for more than the current 32 player slots per server would add additional load on all systems involved and would cause slowdowns. The Source-Based engines are all designed to work around a 32-or-less player server.
Furthermore, adding more slots to each team would require further rebalancing that would eat up more of our time, and we all know you don't want that.
To finish off this Rttf, here are a couple notes to the public:
1. There have been issues with people suspected of being bots who have had their account denied or removed. If you or anyone you know has had their account denied or removed for some reason please contact either Hugh or Allyn for fast results. If you cannot reach them, you may also pm one of the Public Relations Team members (Eric Murphy and BJ Hunnicutt). We will be happy to forward your request on to the Board Moderators and get your status straightened out.
2. With the end of the month Main Page update being so close to the first of the month Rttf, we have decided to do a little reworking. The Rttf has been taken out and the end of the month update has been moved to the 1st.
That is it from the PR team for this update. Also, be sure to send in your questions for the next mid month Rttf as soon as possible. Without your questons, you would get no answers. Thank you for all your support and donations.