Alpha 7 is out! This time we’ve added artificial limbs and prosthetics, jungle biome, new trade system, organ harvesting and trading, and a whole ‘stuff and stats’ system where certain things can be made of other things.
If you own the game, you should get an update email from us. You can also get Alpha 7 by re-downloading from the link you used before (it is a permanent link and always has the newest version).
Anyone still having trouble should start at this thread.Also note that this build will not load old savegames, so keep your old install separate if you want to finish an Alpha 6 colony.
- Stuff system allows you to build walls, furniture, and other structures out of arbitrary materials.
- New stats system for calculating and reporting thing stats from skill, race, stuff, and other factors.
- There are now multiple types of stone: sandstone, granite, marble, slate, and limestone.
- There are now multiple mineable minerals: metal, silver, gold, plasteel.
- Leather harvesting from animals, and cloth harvesting from cotton crops. Special space-tech cloth types.
- Make clothing from arbitrary fabrics or leathers.
- Reworked damage deflection chance per-damagetype armor system. Some animals and mechanoids have natural armor.
- New biome: tropical rainforest. A choking, disease-infested jungle. Disease rates are linked to biomes.
- Prosthetic limbs, from simple to complex: peg legs, wood dentures, simple prosthetics, enhanced bionic limbs and eyes.
- Organ harvesting and transplanting.
- Diseases: flu, plague, malaria, sleeping sickness.
- Chronic conditions (age-related): Cataracts, bad back
- A bunch of new traits. Brawler, prosthophile, and more
- New trade system and interface.
- Traders carry and buy any item, including prosthetics, neurotrainers, organs, slaves, weapons, apparel, commodities.
- Neutrotrainers: Matrix-style instant training devices.
- Lockable doors
- Melee weapons: Club, knife, spear, shiv, short sword
- New animals: cobra, monkey, camel, tortoise, boar, rhino.
- Storyteller redesigned and rebalanced.
- Visitors carry their own food and hopefully won’t raid your food supplies.
- Translations can be set to avoid using tiny text (useful for Asian languages where tiny characters are unreadable).
- Rewritten credits system integrates translator credits from each translation automatically.
- Piles of other additions, fixes, and tunings.