Details of the plot and game s:
- The action takes place in a vast underground complex in which the aliens are testing human nature and various weapons, in preparation of their enslavement of Earth.
- The main protagonist of the mod is an alien with the ability to implant its consciousness into people's minds and control them;
- The player is on the side of the invaders i.e. all the subjects are the enemies;
- The Player's goal is to help his fellow alien to test weapons and human capabilities for the successful enslavement of Earth;
- There will be additional missions;
- To initiate additional missions, the player must leave the body temporarily and infiltrate the mind of another subject;
- Subjects who are trying to escape can be punished by the player;
- Unlike The Trap, which contain elements of humour, Mindlock will be more serious and elements of horror.
Some details about puzzles and shooting sections:
- The main innovation is the gravity gun;
- The difficulty of the puzzles in comparison to The Trap v1.5 does not change;
- Pieces of wire can be lost or broken during missions;
- Some types of wires can be inserted and removed many times;
- There will be shootouts with humans;
- Some headcrabs can crawl on walls.