When we released Alpha 3, we didn't want to release another version on the HL2 EP1 engine, yet here we are doing just that. This patch will fix the instability issues Alpha3 has and it also comes with a few fixes to the maps and other small tweaks. The most notable changes have been made to Til's map rnl_Ardennes.
- fixed a but that caused the NCO map to crash the game when a certain amount of players was on the server
- removed damage taken by parachutes
- tweaked machinegun handling
- fixed bugs in scoreboard
- fixed damage lookups for post Alpha 1 weapons
- fixed bug when being shot and deployed
- improved stability over Alpha 3 release
- added fields surrounding the village in the south, the north and the east.
- changed position of capture zones; middle flag location changed from park to bridge, both axis and allies are spawning outside of the village now.
- added more than a dozen dynamic doors, 7 rooms in 4 buildings that are now accessible, light switches.
- fixed visual glitches, optimized the 3d skybox, improved lighting in many places.
- reduced texture memory, added some craters and piles of rubble along with an overall more war-torn look.
- Map Overview matched to the new layout.
St. Mére Eglise:
- Allies need to capture all zones except the Old Folks Home
- Parachuting area expanded by some additional fields (still experimental)
Ste. Marie du Mont
- Teamwall bug of the axis hotel spawn fixed
- Town square requires one man less to capture and it takes only half the time
La Fiere is still missing textures. Since it's currently being worked on to get a proper spawn protection for the allies set up, we were not able to recompile it with working textures.