To give you a brief idea what we did the last few weeks and how's the current state of the game I just digged through all the Github commits to create some sort of changelog. Of course, I won't list all the tiny things that happened under the hood but here we go with the most interesting features.
- Keplerian orbits - we finally implemented the keplerian orbits that allow us to have not only boring circular orbits but orbits that have an inclination or are extremely eccentric. This makes gameplay a lot more interesting.
- Main Menu - as you maybe noticed in the media section we started with implementing a main menu.
- Fractured planets - we started to implement a function so you're able to shoot off bits of a planet if you hit it.
- Rigged turrets - the turret barrels are now facing towards the direction you're aiming at.
- On-screen marker - added some helper markers that make it easier to spot missiles and planets.
- New collision system - We had to introduce a complete new collision system because the old one was "slightly" bugged.
- Team coloured buildings - Buildings have coloured elements that use your player-colour.
- Tooltips - tooltips for all buttons similar to other RTS games.
- Solar power - solar power plants produce a lot less energy if they're not facing the sun.
- Building interaction - Ability to sell and upgrade buildings.
For the next time we'll mostly work on fixing some multiplayer-related issues, so we can finally start the very first alpha multiplayer testing sessions.