Remako now officially supports 7th Heaven 2.0. This new version of the mod manager for Final Fantasy 7 PC was years in the making and it was worth the wait! Here are some of its features:
- Super easy install
- 1-click to enjoying your game
- Single download with everything built-in
- Built-in replacement for FF7Config
- Keyboard and gamepad control options
- Auto mounting game disc
- No more game converter
- Auto-Sort mod load order
This really streamlines playing Remako. As you might know, I wrote a install guide and FAQ to make it as smooth as possible to get Remako running on FF7 (it needed to be converted first and then needed 7th Heaven 1.53 to load the mod in-game). Even with all the help, people still couldn't always figure it out. 7th Heaven 2.0 removes all of that.
I updated the install guide and FAQ to incorporate 7th Heaven 2.0. Both are much shorter now. Hopefully, this will help even more people to play the mod.
What's next for Remako?
If you haven't checked this site out in a while and have been wondering why there's still no new update for Remako itself, then read this blog post first.
In a previous article, I told you what to expect from the next Remako update. That's still the same:
- Compatibility with Reunion R06c
- Easier install procedure (improved 7th Heaven 2.0 IROs, with more options)
- HD magic textures
- HD user interface (menu, HUD, minigames, credits, etc.)
- Bug fixes
As I explained then, I also wanted to make development more transparent. So I plan to do the following:
- weekly updates regarding the progress
- a beta before release, so more than one people can scour the mod for bugs
Hopefully, this approach will help this mod get to a completely bug-free release in a short time.
At the same time, you can expect to see some new YouTube videos in the coming weeks as well. I'm trying out new things for my account. Due to the corona-crisis, I have more free time, but working on Remako all the time is a bit much. So I try to alternate between making videos and modding. Don't worry though, Remako 2.0 will come to your PC before too long.