Hello, hello and hello! This week we were thinking of just releasing a small bugfix update with no new features, but that wouldn't be very fun would it? So here we are, we're releasing the game's first sort-of enemy Nana Ricketts into The Wonky Wagon!
Keeping the devlog post fairly small this week. Give the update a try (if you've pre-ordered) and let us know what you think here on IndieDB, or on Twitter or Facebook! Be sure to check out the oscilliating game speed we released last week too. :)
20th October - 31st October
- Nana Ricketts arrives at The Wonky Wagon!
- Heads are now randomised in the Character Select screen.
- Old Man Ricketts "magic tooth" animation bug fixed.
- Players are no longer sometimes put on the wrong rugs in Standoff mode.
- Avatar box names stopped working and now they work again. (Thanks Stumpt for the bug report!)
- Bullets no longer get stuck in walls at 200% (we hope).
- Player gibs no longer spawn outside of the walls (again, we hope)!
- Player shadows now render on-top of fallen paintings in Timmy's Bedroom.
- Fixed bug where character heads didn't respawn in character select if they weren't in the right place (e.g. Chud wouldn't respawn if he was in slot 2).
- End round stars/score display now shows the correct score in the event of a draw.
- Nana Ricketts - door silhouette
- Nana Ricketts - fallen back on the floor.
- Nana Ricketts - floor lighting
- Nana Ricketts - dual pistols at different angles.
- Nana Ricketts - intro overlay.
- Updated Old Man Rickett's avatar face for about 4 different places. His face is skinnier now, don't you know?
- Nana Ricketts - entrance animation.
- Nana Ricketts - shoot, kill and exit animations.
- Voice recording session for Nana Ricketts. Check out this Vine.
- Nana Ricketts entrance sound.
- Nana Ricketts death sound.
- Added "expo mode" checkbox to debug menu. No interaction within two minutes quits to splash screen.
- Added "watched variables" to debug menu. This is super useful.
- Refactored build system for Windows & Mac.
- Downloaded FMOD & FMOD Studio libraries for Windows and Mac and integrated them into the project.
- Started implementing FMOD "sound banks".
- Character Select screen now cannot go "back" unless everyone has their head off.
- Character Select screen now cannot go "forward" if someone has a head on but is not on a rug.
- Started new modifier menu controls from last week (no visuals).
- Nana Ricketts - gun aiming / arms ellipse.
- Nana Ricketts - guns flashing when she shoots.
- Nana Ricketts - shell casings fly out on both sides.
- Nana Ricketts - animations implemented.
- Nana Ricketts - spawn behaviour (global timer, only with certain modes/modifiers).
- Nana Ricketts - only spawns once per game if she dies.
- Investigated FMOD licenses and hurray we got one!
- Emailed Jerry at Choosatron R.E. a multiplayer mixer.
- Emailed Stumpt a message of admiration, gratitude, other things. They so cool.
- Exhibited at the Bath Digital Festival launch event.
- Exhibited at GameCity for a few hours. Check out the Force Of Habit blog for write-ups on the things we saw.
- Renewed timmybibble.com domain name!