After a long wait, we can finally announce the next major release of Project Reality: v1.5. This will be our 38th major release! Thanks to some changes on how we make releases, we were able to build a total of 20 patches between v1.4 and v1.5. This has allowed the team to focus on new big content updates for this and future releases.
And speaking of a big content update, we are really excited to finally be able to present you with something the community has waited for a long time: The Polish faction has finally made its way into PR! Being in development for years, the Polish faction was brought together by dozens of community members(see below) working on it together with the PR-team, once again highlighting that this mod, more than anything else, lives off and grows with the dedication of its community members stepping up to the task. Thanks to all of them for their hard work!
Next to the Polish Forces there are a few new additions to other factions including the Russian GAZ Tigr-M armored jeep and a brand new DAF YA-4442 truck series for the Dutch Forces. As well as a few gameplay tweaks, optimizations and bug fixes. More will be revealed in the coming days when we will post the full changelog. But for now enjoy the screenshots below.
We also want to take this opportunity to show off the new player manual. We have gone to an online system which allows easier community translations and updates with every PR release. It's already updated to v1.5 so if you have a keen eye you can already spot a few gameplay changes v1.5 will bring. We will continue to update it over the next few days and weeks to include video tutorials and more chapters. If you are interested in helping out go over to this thread.
We do not have an exact release date yet for v1.5 but the wait won't be much longer now! Unforeseen complications could always push it further. Stay tuned to our social channels and the forums for more information, media, and of course the release.
- Dariusz "ddeo" Deoniziak - Community Factions Leads, Art Team (3D, 2D)
- "Fresz" - Community Factions Leads
- Damian "Wyspa" Wyspianski - Community Factions Leads, Art Team (2D)
- Clive Williams - Programming Team
- Piotr "Flamaster" Widuchowski - Art Team (3D, 2D)
- Pawel "PaulPL1" Baran - Art Team (3D), Programming Team
- Wojciech "Veti" Klimas - Art Team (3D, 2D)
- Mateusz "MTO" Galka - Art Team (3D, 2D)
- Mauricio "maurib" Meza Burbano - Art Team (3D, 2D)
- "Kruk" - Art Team (3D, 2D)
- "Trek" - Art Team (2D)
- "Dodek" - Programming Team
- Adrej "Megagoth1702" Schmitt - Additional Contributions (Sounds)
- Adam "Antol" Kulasek - Additional Contributions (Sounds), Art Team (2D)
- Przemyslaw "DJFizyk" Woznicki - Additional Contributions (Sounds)
- Robert "Solty" Soltysik - Additional Contributions (Sounds)
- "HughJass" - Mapping Team
- "Bad1n" - Mapping Team
- Daniel "Grober" Zietek - Mapping Team, Art Team (2D), Programming Team
- "Develop13" - Art Team (Animation)
- "Kane" - Art Team (3D)
- "Brother" - Art Team (3D)
- "Noon" - Art Team (2D)
- "wojtQ" - Art Team (2D)
- Maciej "Kox" Adamczewski - Special Thanks
- Michal "Bagno" Bagniewski - Special Thanks
- "Ragni" - Special Thanks
- "Uncle Blues" - Special Thanks
Support Project Reality!
The Project Reality Team develops this modification completely free of charge for its community to download and play. If you would like to show your support, please consider donating to our team. These funds go directly towards website expenses, including bandwidth, hosting, domain registration, and maintenance. We never use donation funds to directly pay team members.
For more information, please feel free to join us on our public forums to discuss this and other news. Also, be sure to connect to Project Reality through social media to stay informed and receive up to the minute updates, the occasional leaked bit of information, and more! See you on the battlefield!