The award-winning Project Reality Team is proud to announce the official release of Project Reality: BF2 v1.4!
First of all, a big thank you to our PR Community for sticking with us during this long development cycle, we can't wait to play this release with the players.
Project Reality:BF2 v1.4
In PR:BF2 v1.4 we implemented the long awaited Falklands Theater, a rework of tanks and jets, 3 new maps and countless other content additions. To get more information on what's in this release, read the announcement post.
What's in store for PR next? We are working hard on PR:WWII, a mappack and multiple community factions alongside many additions to our current factions. More info will follow soon, but now it's update time!
Enjoy the official Project Reality: BF2 v1.4 release trailer here while you're downloading the new update:
Main Features & Changes
- Added British and Argentinian factions based on the 1982 Falklands War.
- Added Bren L4A4 LMG, L42A1 sniper rifle, L2A3 Sterling SMG, FMK1 AP & FMK-3 AT mines.
- Added Tigercat SAM and Rheinmetall 20mm AAA.
- Added A-4 Series, Mirage IIIEA, IAI Dagger, Sea Harrier FRS.1 & Harrier GR.3 aircraft.
- Added M163 AAV, T-72B & T-72S tanks.
- Added Goose Green (2x2km) and The Falklands (8x8km) levels for the Falklands Theater.
- Added Bamyan (4x4km), Afghanistan based level.
- Added back muzzle flashes for night maps.
- Updated many vehicle physics models to fix exploits and improve armor definition.
- Updated tank damage model with generally stronger front armor but weaker rear/side armor.
- Updated aircraft with overhauled flight models.
- Updated Al-Basrah, Beirut, Gaza, Assault on Grozny, Kozelsk & Wanda Shan levels significantly.
- Updated PR's gameplay programming Python Library. Rewrote a large part of the code-base to remove bugs and increase performance.
For a complete list of all the changes check the:
Project Reality v1.4 Changelog
Download & Installation
If you are new to Project Reality, visit the downloads page to download the standalone v1.4 installer.
If you have already installed Project Reality: BF2 v1.3.9, simply press "PLAY" in the launcher and the automatic updater will handle the rest! If you once took part in map events containing Bayman, Goose Green or The Falklands, please remove these maps from your installation to avoid issues.
If you have installed an older version than Project Reality: BF2 v1.3, you will still need to download the full PR:BF2 v1.4 installer, since an update from v126.96.36.199 or older to v1.4 is not supported. If you do not play other BF2 mods, you can also uninstall Battlefield 2 to save hard drive space.
You can find the detailed PR Installation Guide right here.
Official Manual & Landing Page for New Players
Official v1.3 Manual - New Player Landing Page
Project Reality Mod Support
If you encounter any problems while installing and/or playing Project Reality: BF2, please check out the Project Reality Mod Support forum. If your problem has not already been posted by someone else, please do not hesitate to start a new thread asking for help.
Project Reality v1.4 Server Files
If you currently host a Project Reality game server, you would have received the server files for Project Reality v1.4 via the Server Admin CP already. If you are interested in hosting a new Project Reality server, please follow the link below to apply for a server license.
Apply for a Project Reality Server License Here
Support Project Reality!
The Project Reality Team develops this modification completely free of charge for its community to download and play. If you would like to show your support, please consider donating to our team. These funds go directly towards website expenses, including bandwidth, hosting, domain registration, and maintenance. We never use donation funds to directly pay team members.
For more information, please feel free to join us on our IRC channel or visit our public forums to discuss this and other news. Also, be sure to connect to Project Reality through social media to stay informed and receive up to the minute updates, the occasional leaked bit of information, and more! See you on the battlefield!
- The Project Reality Team