When Zak and I conceived Graduate Games 4+ years ago, we had a very grandiose and expensive game idea in mind. We worked on it for over a year before we made Storked!. Over the years, we have kept returning to it or have attempted to create other games and prototypes based on the game universe. Nothing has really worked and the game just seemed impossible to complete and we didn’t want to waste our time and money working on something that would never see the light of day.—Over the past couple months, Zak and I have been working on the next Graduate Games title. We’ve had a few prototypes and thrown around some new ideas, but ultimately we came back to this idea of a space platform exploration game similar to the old 2D Metroids and Castlevanias. All it took to resell us on the game was a prototype implementing Eric Catto’s fantastic Box2D physics. So what can I tell you about our next project?
- It doesn’t have an official title
- It uses Box2D
- There will be a free prototype/alpha
- The prototype/alpha will be regularly updated up to a point – then we’ll look for preorders or something
- It’s a scifi themed platforming game with a heavy focus on guns
- It will be episodic – this way we can make the price point lower for entry and get some money to expand the world
- We’ll be collecting feedback and surveying players throughout the development of the game
I will post an early early early screenshot of the game tomorrow. We’re excited though.