Warzone installer and updater is now available for anyone who wishes to have a look at the alpha versions of the game.
* Requires an installed copy of the Jedi Academy game.
* Requires a 2GB video card at least and a fairly recent CPU. (4GB card recommended)
* If you have issues running the game on AMD graphics, use the AMD FIX.bat file once.
* The installer/updater/launcher will update all files each time it is run to the newest. It will also fix the game files.
* Always put the installer in it's own folder. DO NOT USE THE INSTALLER IN A FOLDER WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR FOLDERS INSIDE (other then the other files in this archive)!
* If you want to make content for warzone, copy the gamedata folder to another place and work on that copy (there are bat files in GameData to run the game), when the updater updates on the downloaded copy, it will reset any files to defaults.
Updated on 2019/08/12 to handle creation of base folder link better, and inform the user if windows blocked creation of a link to the Jedi Academy base folder, and tell them how to fix the problem.
Updated on 2019/04/06 to hopefully make it force administrator rights, because windows thinks making a shortcut is not safe, making the launcher hang after it's finished downloading for some people.
Updated on 2019/01/10 to add new minimize and close buttons with hover glow effect.
Updated on 2019/01/10 to make it a borderless window, add download speed, and other info when downloading, and minimize to system tray.
Updated on 2018/12/27 to raise the max concurrent download connections from 2 to 4.
Updated on 2018/12/21 to add some improvements.
Updated on 2018/12/20 to fix issues with UAC and some other improvements.
LAUNCHER INSTRUCTIONS AND TROUBLESHOOTING:
1. Extract the Warzone folder inside the archive to some place on your hard drive (using WinRAR or 7zip).
2. Go to that folder and run the WarzoneLauncher.exe file.
3. It should automatically download all the warzone files.
4. Once the files are downloaded, it might ask you to show it where your jedi academy 'gamedata' folder is, if it does, then select that folder in the dialog.
If for some reason the game crashes at start (or does not start), there are 3 possibilities.
1. Make sure inside Warzone\GameData\ you see a 'base' directory. If not, copy your 'base' directory from your Jedi Academy game folder.
2. Most things can be fixed by simply restarting the launcher. It will continue any updates and fix any broken files.
3. Make sure you have the latest launcher, above. It has been updated multiple times the last few days.
If you have any problems, you can usually catch us on our discord by clicking the link in the new launcher, or the link below.
If in doubt, rerun the launcher.
Here's our web page on github. We are open source.
You will also find our enhanced q3map2 (called wzmap), and our other tools here.
SOME USEFUL CVARS (the ones I can think of off the top of my head - will add more later):
To keep # of NPCs always spawned (these are only temporary methods and will be replaced in the future with an event system):
also, make sure npc_pathing is set to 0 (it should be by default).
WE ALWAYS NEED DEVELOPERS:
We are always in need of more people to work on Star Wars: Warzone. If you are a mapper or modeller, a coder or a sound engineer, or anything else, and think you can help out, send me a message!