VSUS is an exciting project that will greatly simplify universe editing/creation in Vega Strike. Currently, Vega Strike relies on configuring a large number of XML and other data files in order define its universe, which must be edited manually. However, this program will provide a front end for editing them, allowing changes to be more easily defined and applied.
Current Feature Set
- Ability to parse milky_way.xml into sectors and systems to generate a systems list. (complete)
- Ability to open a system to edit its properties. (complete)
- Exporting of modified XML file (complete).
- Ability to add new systems to the list, and delete old systems without doing strange and wonderful things to the file (such as adding a gigantic hole in it).
- Co-parsing of .system and milky_way.xml files to provide a complete picture of more complex systems.
Planned (Short Term)
- Graphical drag and drop method of adding planets, stations, and other objects to a complex system.
- Ability to add, remove, and rename factions.
- Ability to define add, modify, and delete, weapons/ships.
Planned (Long Term)
- Ability to script and hook missions, quests, and other related events using a drag and drop interface.
The project will likey grow beyond this before it is complete, however, that is the outline for VSUS.