Progress Report & Release Announcement
Much has happened over the past few weeks and with the help of MasterChief9732, who assembled and debugged our work into a functioning build, the time has come to release SGI as a Pre Alpha to you all!
The release will be during March-April and we are confident that we will be able to complete everything mentioned below in this time frame.
Pre Alpha Details
There have been questions about what the release will be like compared to other mods so here are some details of what we are aiming for and how we intend to structuring our future releases:
- This is a Pre Alpha so we won't have all intended elements implemented for this release
- Playable Factions: Human, Asuran
- Focus on ship Textures, Models, general functionality and debugging:
- For the two factions, all combat ships will have textures, meshes, weapon points and shields.
- Ships will have icons and names in the build menus, and all structures and ships will have names (no icons yet for structures)
- For future releases we are considering updating the mod as follows:
- Entire Combat Ship line-up of one faction as described above.
- Entire Structures line-up of the same faction.
- Abilities, Balancing and general clean-up for that faction
Each of the above would be a release but we cannot give precise time frames since every faction is different. Once we go through the above steps for one faction we will move to the next.
We have looked into the possibility of providing a direct, synced release through google drive as well releasing here on Moddb.
The release through google drive would be in the form of a link with view permission to the distribution account that we created and could be used to sync the google desktop app directly to the Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion Mods folder with the included installation instructions. When we update the files on the account you will receive the update directly through the google drive desktop sync.
The synced delivery is a pilot project, to show us if there is interest in such a delivery method and to see if it's a feasible solution for smaller and more frequent updates. We will initially invite about 20 of you to use it on a first-come-first-serve basis, this way we can test if the installation and functionality will be easy enough for a larger audience in stages. If all goes well we can invite more of you to use it.
All you need to do is contact me (dotNfg) or Ace_Fighter here on Moddb and we will provide the link and installation instructions.
Many thanks to all current and former members of SGI for your work in making this mod possible and to you all for your patience and support!