A month of loss, but also a month of gain.
After some discussion with the leadership of Galactic Adventures, we have come to a mutual agreement and we have officially merged both mods together. This will mean that Galactic Adventures will no longer be developed as its own standalone mod and all content intended for their mod will be made available in Galactic Legacy.
With that being said, the iconic final confrontation between Ben Kenobi and Maul from Season 3 of Star Wars: Rebels will be available as the next bonus mission.
UPCOMING MAP CHANGES
Next update will see to the addition and unfortunate removal of some maps from the mod. Either due to a lack of quality or by the author's request, we have made the decision to remove some maps from the mod. After the release of our next update, these maps will be removed from distribution and will no longer be accessible by us. Though we cannot force you to remove the files from your installation, they will be permanently removed from the map menus and will only be accessible through console commands. Furthermore, all support for these maps will be removed, so if you encounter issues while playing, we will not be able to provide assistance.
The following maps will be removed from the mod as of next update (using the current map menu names):
- Episode I Mos Espa (Replaced with Mos Espa Outskirts)
- Cloud City (Movie Battles map)
- Republic Cruiser (Movie Battles map)
- Horizons of Taris
- Episode I Naboo Hangar
- Episode II Jedi Archives
- Episode II Jedi Temple Inside Duel
- Episode III Palpatine's Office (Replaced with Fate of the Republic mission map)
- Episode III Palpatine's Rooftop
- Episode IV Mos Eisley Cantina (Interior of the larger Mos Eisley map)
- Sith Vessel
- Atlantica (Not the unlocked map, only the map with locked doors)
- Jungle Temple
- Serenity (Not the RPG version)
- Space Race
- Imperial Star Destroyer Duel
But though there is loss, there leaves an opportunity for gain! If there is a map you really want to see featured in the mod, please post your suggestion in the comments, and we'll have a look!
MAP MENU CHANGES
With the removal and gain of some maps in the mod, we have also decided to do a full overhaul of the map menu. Doing away with most of the generic names that came with Knights of the Force 2.1, many maps have been renamed to a more accurate (or canonical name). Several maps that clearly had nothing to do with a Star Wars film but were placed in the film's list anyway have been moved to "Star Wars Locations".
Keep in mind this is still a work in progress so you'll see a few repeat maps and some overlapping.
We've been announcing and teasing Operation: Knightfall's remake and Deathstar Rescue for some time now. But it's been clear to us that those are all we've been talking about.
Though Knightfall and Deathstar Rescue are intended as the major MVPs for our next update, we felt it to be an appropriate time to return to our initial roots and provide missions based on duels from the Skywalker Saga. Three duel missions are also in development, and most are (or are very close) to completion.
- From Attack of the Clones, Confronting the Count depicts the final duel between Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Yoda against Count Dooku.
- From The Phantom Menace, Ambush on Tatooine depicts the first encounter between Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul deep within the Tatooine desert.
- From The Last Jedi, the last stand of Luke Skywalker against his nephew, Kylo Ren on the salt-covered planet of Crait.
A FLAW IN THE SYSTEM
We have uncovered one major bug regarding all characters being granted new custom animations, where they will not play the base Jedi Academy campaign cutscene animations. We are looking into some solutions and will hopefully find a fix very soon.
Regardless if we release an update this month or not, this month should prove interesting for the mod itself, one way or another. We're looking forward to bringing all new content to you all, and as always, we appreciate your support.
And as always, thank you for following the development of Star Wars: Galactic Legacy, and may the Force be with you.