Ryan Hewer, Project Manager
Happy Easter! We’ve been testing our demo and decided that the tutorial and manual wasn’t quite intuitive enough, so we redesigned both from the ground up this week. A lot of this week’s work will be manual themed. Our goal is to have the demo ready later this week.
Goals Achieved This Week:
- Hundreds of bugs addressed.
- Hundreds of lines of dialogue rewritten and remastered.
- The AI now has a moving mouth. We taught the bear to speak.
- The AI can now also live inside your manual.
- Probe-eating monsters never get spawned in the same zone as the probe in the demo. That wasn’t cool. Sorry guys.
- Smoke effect and sounds when a cable burns while the power junction GUI is open.
- Repairing a wire after resetting the circuit breaker plays an electrify effect and burns one or two cables.
- Goat sacrificed upon the altar of build stability.
- Cutting a wire while the power is on also plays this effect.
- Redesigned rare mineral manual entries.
- Wrote the demo ending narrative.
- Changed main menu appearance.
- Total redesign of the manual.
- Added duct tape sounds. Rolls of duct tape used to complete this? 2.
- Updated the troubleshooting GUI layout: smaller tiles, no scrolling, text description got a panel background, Solution flowcharts are positioned in the center.
- Updated in-game photo album layout.
- Official poster designed.
- New creature modelled: “The Spotted Knasher”
- Put new curtains up in the bedroom. Nothing to do with the game but I just thought you’d all like to know.