It took longer than expected, but I'm happy to say that the 1.2 update is now available on Itch.IO! The biggest amount of time was spent on a complete rebuild of the colonist behavior system to fix up existing issues and ensure expand-ability as I continue to add new content and colonist actions.
There are a lot of other great fixes and improvements including storage containers can no be placed anywhere, better profession leveling, better hauling and a lot more. Check out the release notes below for a full list of updates and fixes.
- Colonist movement speed now based on athletics attribute
- Colonist profession level now affects productivity for some professions.
- Completely new colonist behavior system to allow for better behaviors as well as resolve issues with colonists getting stuck
- Builders now collect all items required to build an object before going to the object to build it.
- Builders will only collect items for a build project if all items required to build it are available
- Colonists moving items to storage will now pickup multiple adjacent items on the ground
- Changes to base profession productivity speed
- Profession level progress is now scaled. Higher levels require more experience/work in that profession.
- Items on the ground can be selected and will now show internal inventory with quantities.
- Deconstructed structures now drop the materials required to create it
- Deconstructed storage containers drop their content on the ground
- Deconstructing action now takes time to do based on structure durability
- Added deconstruction animation and effects
- Game starts with four colonists instead of three
- Added Feedback form to main menu and in game menu
- Colonists now have hair with random starting color.
- Darker lighting
- Minor graphic tweaks to Fog Of War and tile selection
- Minor UI tweaks
- Storage containers can now be placed anywhere
- Removed Storage Room Floor
- Storage Container inventory size increased
- Colonists will no longer favor moving items to storage over their chosen profession
- Colonists should no longer get stuck in various situations
- Profession level progress should update with colonist info window open
- Colonists now correctly find and eat food items.
- Global Storage Facility Storage section should now show items stored in storage containers.
- Colonists profession level properly capped at 10