Hello, MechCommander fans.
Would you like to play this old game in hi resolution?
There are available patched EXE files for 4 resolutions:
I will upload 4 archives containing MCG with 4 pairs of campaigns.
- MCX Original (original and expansion) campaign,
- MCX Exodus and Turncoat (campaigns made by magic and LouHobbs),
- MCX X-Ray and DSC Raid (made by Dropship Command X-Ray Company and Wolfcross),
- MCX Xenocide and Bengal Lancers (mad by Shadowcat and Akula).
It must be this way because its impossible to make only campaign installers for MCG.
- Download archive and unzip to the root of your C or D or E disk.
- Open the folder containing game files and browse down. You will see:
MCX.exe (original 640x480 resolution)
- Create shortcut to the exe of the resolution you want to start (or simply dbl click) and go.
Works fine under Windows 7 (x64), no compatibility mode needed.
I tried more resolutions, and most work fine for missions but not for logistics.
I recommend 1600x900 for normal play and 1920x1080 for zoom-in play.
Please note that higher resolutions mean more objects on screen - you may get random crushes for some missions. If the game crushes try the same mission in the same resolution again, if it crushes again please use smaller resolution for that mission and after you finish, return to higher resolution and continue.
Some monitors and graphic cards cant support 1600x900 resolution, if the game crushes on launch please try another resolution.
IMPORTANT: You will need MechCommander Gold image file:
Mount image with daemon tools before starting the game.