Good evening all,
I am going to go through the topics of to-do and what has been changed compared to the previous release.
The Humans were vastly overpowered and I had to bring out the nerf bat on them. The following concepts were established:
- Marines are at the moment need to be used as massed infantry to produce results with them. That is in line with the faction's current economy. They are totally useless agains vechicles and buildings. Capture is something being worked on at the moment to give them real value.
- Flamers are deadly against light infantry but has a limited use against heavies as well as melting away Dark Matter Armor. Heroes are also somewhat vulnerable to them.
- Rocket Launcher Squad has got a great range , however, the missiles sometimes are being jammed. Bread and butter soldiers for taking out buildings, vechicles and flyers.
- Col. Moore is your infantry tank who can be used to clear out infantry and do some damage to flyers, heroes and light vechicles. Useless against walkers and heavy vechicles. Vulnerable to spike damage.
- Jeep is for fast harrasment of enemy infantry and flyers. Runs over light infantry.
- Guardian APC is good against nearly everything with great precision, especially against infantry and flyers. Transport ability for them is being worked on.
- Tanks fulfil the role of what a tank should. Deadly against light vechicles and inf, good against heavy vechichles. Masari Peacebringers are tricky.
- Sgt Woolard is a beast with good damage output against everything but flyers. Runs over heavy inf as well.
- Dragoon MLRS is your siege option against buildings and walkers. Fast moving units make them useless.
-Dragonfly UAV will be an assassin drone to take out troublesome heroes and infantry. Useless against anythin else. (values needs adjusted to reflect this)
- Apache is your ground support aerial option. Rips infantry and light vechicles apart and the missile salvos are good against everything.
-Maverick jet is your air superiority hit and run option. They will be needed to try to clear the skies for you.
KNOWN ISSUES/FEATURES TO WORK ON:
- Superweapon counter UI for Humans (Next release)
-Human Superweapon (ICBM) (Model will be stolen from Hierarchy Mission 2, later release)
-Research Tree for Humans( not in next release, as it is a bigger job)
-Capture for Marines (Next release)
-Basic AI for Humans (Once it is ready, I will need testers to advise on strategy)
-Limiting the Supply Drop building amount to 5 (Next release, easy fix)
-Global Conquest presence for all the neutral lands due to disadvantage.
-Pop cap to be increased to 200 outside of Story missions (I have done it for the campaign but not for skirmish)
- Unit icons for buying Guardian APC and Maverick Jet (Got the icons done already, just need some time to figure out how to make it work)
- Guardian APC to enable transport for soldiers like a Sentry would.
-Adding a 3rd Hero, using the Comms officer model and a Maverick Jet(This needs more thought, any ideas welcome for special ability). The unit responses will be in courtesy of Xcom Interceptor.
So, this is the plan. I would welcome any help from people who would know how to add extra buttons on the UI. Lua is not a problem, I can do that myself. Advice on adding stuff to the Mega Texture files and how to do it properly would be most welcome.
Have fun with the mod, see you on next release.