The News:We have pushed out the first patch for Episode 2 which will bring it up to 2.1 and we have also updated some of the base engine code in Episode 1 which brings it to 1.991. We have fixed issues that testers brought up and I will list some of them here so if you submitted one of these bugs THANK YOU for helping us make Incognito a better product.
- When entering Holodeck for first time, no Autosave would be created so if player died in Holodeck with first run they would be forced to restart the game.
- HEIDI origin text log from Sector42 DataBanks had typo "woud" fixed "would".
- Tooltips for items in FPS inventory management screen.
- Sector42 DataBank players would run out of ammo and unable to leave the map, we have moved railgun to teach players a important mechanic about this map and placed more ammo to prevent them from running out.
- Sector42 DataBank needed more hints about Pi Puzzle and how it works.
- Sector42 DataBank Pi Puzzle instead of killing the player when stepping on wrong square is now reset to the beginning of the puzzle.
- Increased the size of text in combo boxes on main menu to increase readability.
- Secret map ending now properly starts the game over for Episode 2 not Episode 1.
- Players could become stuck on ladders, this has been corrected.
- Players cannot proceed down elevator to hell without first grabbing the second piece of the EMP Bomb for that quest.
- Configurator now asks the user if they want to discard changes they have made, reminding them to File->Save Settings to save their changes.
- Added ability to start game from Configurator.
- Added ability to load Configurator from games Launcher.
- Physics for certain tables where unstable and would "gitter" on some hardware configurations. This has been corrected.
- When saving your game in FPS mode your weapon is returned to inventory before this happens, to prevent bug of weapon equipped with no hooks to inventory screen bug when loading a game in EP1 or 2.
- If player has already been to Rabha or Sector42 DataBanks and loads previous saved game the engine would load this saved instance and break game play. This fix removes the saved instances of this map when approaching them on appropriate quest to load a fresh copy.
- Maintenance robots on Sector42 DataBank would explode into blood/gibs and not robot parts.
- Sometimes when loading a saved game on the Sector42 DataBank the player could not leave this map after completing his quests.
- Fox Diller from Red Fox Trading Inc. sometimes would be typing very slow, his animation has been redone cause was corrupted skeleton file.
The Process:This is kind of cumbersome, but we learn as we go peoples! You need to run Incognito Configurator which will ask you what Episode you want to configure. Click on Episode 1 then goto Patch check and apply the patch for Episode 1.Then switch Episodes with Configurator to Episode 2 and run the Patch check there and apply the update for Episode 2.
The Realization:We need a better patching system! The next update for Episode 1 will include a list box in the patch check that will recursively check for updates for every episode the system detects. Download them in the proper order EP1, EP2, EP3, etc and then notify the user of success when finished.