We have been working on the building system and performance optimizations over the past week.
Julian implemented batching and fixed a lot of building related bugs. We did testing sessions almost every evening to track down most of the issues.
We also took some time to build some nice bases instead of trying to screw the system and to break anything.
All bases will be batched once the player is 500 meters away. We will have to do more testing how this will affect the performance and gameplay.
Julian also coded some jetpacks wich come in very handy when building huge bases. We haven´t decided yet if they will make it ingame but we were pretty suprised that the we still had great performance while rushing through the map at 100m/s.
We now have a password system for doors and you can build on rocks.
We will be really happy once the building system is polished and running smoothly. We can´t wait to work on all the other features again.
Osman created LODs for all 26 building assets. We also have some optimized collider meshes for all the base parts now. This should boost the performance of the game a lot.
Anjar finalized the lowpoly mesh and normal map of the heavy armor. He will create two different skins for it this week.
Jim finished the giant creature model. We got lot´s of funny name suggestions from the community.
Alex finished a new awesome ingame track for the Pantropy.
Dmitry is working on the base control module and the T2 smelter.
Tyson was working on more enemy sketches and some plant designs. Jim has already started working on some of these.
I am still busy with the new map. The basics are done but we still need a lot of more rocks, details and plants.