Our turnbased tactical RPG is now being featured over at the Square Enix Collective! What is the Collective? It's where we give our pitch for our game to Square Enix and if they like it, they put it up on the Collective page for 28 days. During that time, the public votes on if they would support the game through crowdfunding. Should there be clear enough support for the game, Square Enix will help feature it during its campaign on Kickstarter!
Grenade Tree Games has laid it all down and we want to feature our game concept to you. If you like what you see, check out our page on the Square Enix Collective and vote for our project!
Outland 17: Void of Liberty
United by technology and a common government, Humanity has lifted its gaze to the stars searching for the next step in the advancement of mankind. Colonies dubbed as Outlands have been established throughout the solar system and have attracted the rich and poor alike as Earth becomes ever more overpopulated and congested.
Yet under the veneer of promises from the wealthy, unrest is growing in the Outlands. A powder keg is about to blow that will ignite a change for all of humankind.
Will your leadership set humanity free or bring a new reign of domination? As you spark the great rebellion your choices in and out of battle will not only impact who will fight for you, but how they fight.
Outland 17: Void of Liberty is a turn-based tactical RPG designed to be accessible for casual gamers but enjoyable for the hardcore community. With an enticing story and the ability to engage in combat the way you want to play, there's something to offer for all in the universe of Outland 17. We'll soon be releasing more details and information so make sure to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest updates and game info.
G. Martin Wallace, citizen of the People's Republic of Earth, hears rumors of civil unrest in the colonies. Despite the official reports, Martin Wallace is compelled to validate these rumors for himself. The decision being made for him with the release of official reports confirming the implementation of martial law on Outland 3, an old colony in the asteroid belt.
In its prime Outland 3 was an ambitious and praised undertaking. A technological marvel set at the very edge of the new frontier. Built to stand the test of time, Outland 3's primary role is to stripmine asteroids for raw materials for future colonies. Today, Outland 3 has fallen into the shadow of the colonies that it helped build.
The player starts with Martin Wallace landing on Outland 3 seeking out the truth. You help choose the direction of your revolution by gathering the people to organize a more effective force that can match the military force present on Outland 3. Every new member to the team unlocks new missions, new insights, and possibly a new path to win the Revolution.Eventually your efforts will bring you to the doorstep of Outland 17 itself...
- Open Ended Character Progression: Don't you hate it when you pick up a shotgun or sword and you can't use it because of your class? In Outland 17, characters aren't limited by class, but instead gain levels and abilities based on our play style. The more you have a character use a shotgon, the more abilities and perks they get for it. Tired of running and gunning with it? Switch to a melee weapon and start leveling your skill with it! Mix and match items and weapons to create your perfect team.
- Accessible Gameplay: We have designed a system to work from the ground up to play well on any platform. It is easy to get started for casual gamers and multifaceted enough to hold the attention of veterans.
- Impactful Choices: One of the challenges of making a unique Sci-Fi world is that most ideas have been done before. By drawing from the American Revolutionary War we can create a world with familiar themes, but yet take a different approach as to how things function and appear. By focusing on the motivations of the main character for starting a revolution, we are able to craft a story around your choices.
- Epic Sci-fi Music Score: A revolution without music is a revolution not worth having! We set the environment with an awesome musical score composed by DS Wallace! His work includes composing custom samples and synthetic sounds for Tron: Evolution and the Prometheus and Gravity trailer campaign
- Availability For PC, Android and iOS: Our platform license goal is to shoot for a PC release but, if funding proves successful, we will launch alongside Mac iOS and Android platforms.
- Not Another Generic Sci-Fi: instead of a race that has mastered faster than light travel, humanity has just begun to colonize space. Stand with it on the forefront of new technological discoveries and universal marvels!
- High Replayability: Every playthrough unlocks new characters so you can mix and match your squad for different play throughs. Reveal new story elements as each character sheds light on a different perspective on the story. As you find new squad mates, gain insights for a world taken to the breaking point.
- Challenge For Everyone: Find the right kind of difficulty for you. In casual mode there is little to no penalty for failure. Sit back, play at your pace, and enjoy the story. If you're prepared to die, hardcore mode is for you. With permadeath you can't simply throw your people into battle, make each choice carefully or your revolution will end before it has even begun.
- Alternative Play Modes: Need a break from the campaign? Look for new challenges in Mission Scenarios. You'll get to use your squad or a pre-set squad to achieve specific mission goals while being set up wth unique obstacales and challenges.
Why Go To the Collective?
Measure twice, cut once. Our first priority has always been to make a role-playing game that feels and looks fresh, and plays like the classic tactical strategy games that inspired us. It's not about defeating the villain and saving the day. It's not about grinding to get past the next fight. It's about immersing yourself into the world and losing yourself to fun gameplay and compelling characters. This is a game born of pure passion and tireless effort.
Most of all, we want to give everyone the same collective types of game experiences that have defined our generation. It’s such an exciting time to be a fan of games; the industry is experiencing a renaissance and creativity is flourishing while being able to bring fans closer to the development process.
This is our chance to bring our proof of concept to you, the player. We want to make sure we get as much feedback as possible to make this right for those as passionate about tactics, sci-fi, and roleplaying as us.
How To Support
- Go vote at the Collective! Leave us feedback in the comments! Tell us why you love it! Tell us why you hate it! Give us constructive criticism! Each response we get brings us closer to polishing our project.
- Sign up for our newsletter and stay updated on the latest progress with the game.
- Spread the word of revolution and share our Collective project with everyone you can. Ask them to leave their own feedback for us!