Change of plans - We are actually slightly reducing the delay of the Pulbic Beta 1 release! We are actually going to be releasing this upcoming Sunday (instead of the previously announced Monday).
We are going to be kicking off the release at around 11am US Central Time ( GMT+6 ). We'll be having a Launch / Release party via SteamGroup Chat as well as IRC. I will personally be attending both. The details are the following:
STEAM GROUP CHAT LAUNCH PARTY:
How do you join the group? Go here:
Then around 10:00am US Central Time we'll be posting Steam Announcements as well as inviting Group Members to the chat.
IRC RELEASE LAUNCH PARTY:
PATCH 1.0 CHANGELOG:
GAME PERFORMANCE / BUGS:
01. Remove bug: Server Crash / Lock-up.
02. Game is now optimized - expect more frames!
03. Increase range-of-damage for Melee Attacks.
04. Make the Flag a 1-hit-kill.
05. Remove secondary firemodes for Shotgun and Sniper Rifle.
06. Remove the delay on 3-burst for the FNC-30
07. Change the Respawn System. Remove the waves and make it a default timer (default is 5 seconds).
08. Add VGUI for keypads (disable / restore, etc).
09. Add more death icons.
10. Remove Dynamic Scope overhead stuff (creating lots of FPS problems).
11. Remove Bullet Push feature on guns (where it launches the player).
12. Optimized textures in: materials/quagamire.
13. Optimized textures in: materials/scale.
14. Optimized textures in: materials/glacier.
15. Fix Health Dispensers: If you are Support class you cannot get health unless you are under 100hp.
16. Enable Flag Reset (after 60 seconds idle - somehow it got broken).
17. Enable Objective VGUI (got broken - probably due to the pre-game stuff we did with the flag entities)
18. Added Menu Option: Missing binds from the Options -> Keyboard portion.
19. Decrease (slightly) Player Speed: Running Speed (leave sprint the same). (they are currently the same speed).
20. Add Multiplayer Menu Option: Toggle Iron & Scope / Hold Iron & Scope.
21. Add Multiplayer Menu Option: 1st-Person Death Cam (default) / 3rd-Person Death cam.
ART / VGUI RELATED:
01. Incorporate new VGUI: Team Selection Menu.
02. Incorporate new VGUI: Class Selection Menu.
03. Incorporate new VGUI: Carrier Win Logo.
04. Incorporate new VGUI: Altair Win Logo.
05. Remove Shader: Damage Blur (red scren) (Replace it with directional damage indicators instead).
01. Update weapon: Shotgun (15 ft. spread cut-off (50Úmage renders) / (25 ft. cut-off (25% damage renders).
02. Update weapon: RNC-44 (fix / use original iron animations & origins & fix spread damages)
03. Update weapon: MX-4 (fix / use original iron animations & origins & fix spread damages).
04. Update weapon: CV-10 Pistol (fix / use original iron animations & origins).
05. Update weapon: M-40 Magnum (fix / use original iron animations & origins).
06. Update weapon: Sniper Rifle (non-scope is now less accurate / modified damages).
07. Update weapon: FNC-30 (reduce recoil / remove delay between 3-burst shots).
08. Update weapon: Light Machine Gun (reduce damage / slightly reduce accuracy).
09. Update weapon: CTF Flag (increase speed of melee animation).
LEVEL DESIGN RELATED:
Add level: ctf_catchment_b9c
Add level: ctf_shadow.
Add level: ctf_quagmire.
Add level: ctf_myst_b3
Add level: ctf_reactor_xl
Modify level: ctf_incursion: Optimized Fog & Smoke / Re-do lighting and fog-fade distance / Optimize.
Modify level: ctf_geode: Optimize the middle / Increase the brighntess.
Modify level: ctf_quagmire: Modify keypad functionality (streamline it).
We will be releasing more details shortly (as well as videos and previews) - so stay tuned!