Onslaught version 3.5, released in April 2005, contains
a number of improvements including:
- Corrected impacts on Command Center modules,
so that they can be properly destroyed.
- Adapted Beast Mothership, delivering multiple target
points & a "break up" effect on destruction.
- Rebalanced fleets to give greater equality between
the sides and reduce exploits.
- Upgraded the skirmish AI to deliver even higher agression
and more varied attacks.
- Increased zoom & rendering limits, so you can see
more action & select ships more easily.
- Tweaked N-LIPS scaling, so ships are more proportional
and the game has a bigger feel.
- Improved Siege Cannon firing effect, looking even cooler
and providing a visual aid to targeting.
- Fixed large ship collision values, so they move more
freely & Battle Processors can be salvaged.
- Reduced Beast Battle Carrier speed, fixing the problem
of carrier built frigates trailing behind it.
- Refined Unit Caps, so that (among other things) Recon
swarming is no longer possible.
- Updated Scenery, replacing the "mattworld" planet
with an unused planet from the game files.
- Revised ship names, so that all naming is pretty much
in the same "functional" style.