The latest patch for the Natural Selection 2 Beta is now available on Steam. If you have pre-ordered the game it should automatically update on Steam. If you would like to pre-order and get instant access to the beta, you can still do so here.
Build 166 change log
- Fixed bug where marine structures were powered up before they were completely built
- Fixed bug where players would sometimes be pushed by an invisible force when inside a vent
- Fixed bug where friction could cause the player to move backwards in some cases
- Fixed sort by player count in the server browser
- Fixed some instances where rifle sounds would loop forever and take sound channels
- Fixed bug where the armory or evolve menu could disappear
- Renamed carbon and plasma to team resources and resources on the scoreboard
- Added weapon attack animation variations
- Added checks to make sure Steam doesn't re-authenticate players
- Added server_shutdown console command so remote admins can restart their server
- Reduced camera shake when taking damage
- Modified chat text to show teammates location
- Improved light halo graphics
We're working on other large changes which are not yet ready to be released. You can stay up-to-date with what we're currently working on with the progress page, our Twitter account, Facebook page, and official Steam group.