After being greenlit by the Steam community in under 10 days, real-time trading card game Nova Blitz has now returned to Kickstarter with a playable Alpha build. In just one day, Nova Blitz has already secured more than $15,000 from Kickstarter backers -- exceeding 35% of its funding goal. The crowdfunding campaign will end at 9 p.m. Pacific on Thursday August 20, 2015.
Back Nova Blitz on Kickstarter today:
Gameplay and Story
A fresh take on the TCG genre, Nova Blitz offers players quick games that last less than five minutes. Players simultaneously summon monsters, play Powers, and duel in real time -- without waiting for an opponent’s turn. To achieve victory, players need nerves of steel, a sharp mind -- and the ability to mix strategy, tactics, and foresight at a moment’s notice. Combat is instant, intense . . . and vicious.
The universe of Nova Blitz is ruled by the five Aspects of Energy: Arcane, Tech, Divine, Nature, and Chaos. Knowing the differences between them is critical -- since each Aspect has its own strengths, weaknesses, creatures, Powers, and optimum play styles.
Players take on the role of a “Nova” -- a being capable of wielding the Aspects of Energy. Crisscrossing the universe in search of fame and fortune, the player’s ultimate goal is to compete in the Nova Blitz Championship.
While Nova Blitz keeps some of the more familiar aspects of TCGs (e.g., having players supply enough energy to play certain cards), the game’s unique real-time turn system is the main attraction. Dragon Foundry has created a system that allows opponents to play cards simultaneously. In combat, players also choose their attacks and blocks at the same time -- which makes predicting the adversary’s moves vital.
- No mana screw: The shuffler ensures that players don't get mana screwed!
- Simultaneous turns: No waiting for your opponent to play a turn
- Real-time play: Think on your feet and react to your opponent in real time
- Quick games: Each game takes less than five minutes to play, which means that you can play an entire tournament in a single night!
- Strategic combat: The combat system rewards intelligence and bluffing.
- Evolving gameplay: Each card’s abilities change how the game is played.
- Tournaments: A full in-game tournament system allows every player to enter leagues and tournaments.
- Trading: Trade cards with other players in game, or buy and sell for real money in the Steam Community Market.
- Cross-platform play: One account across Mac and PC -- with iOS and Android coming soon!
Try Nova Blitz today - download the latest Alpha update: