** FYI, ANY POST DCE RELATED NOT IN THE COMMENTS SECTION OF THIS ARTICLE WILL BE DELETED. CLICK THE ARTICLE LINK TO SEE COMMENTS OR POST.
There is a new version of LA out, called "DC Extended" (DCE), link below. I had no involvement in this nor did any of the old team. This was made by the RU Dev, all credit goes to them. I wont be able to offer much support, if you follow the instructions it will work.
Install instructions (google translated):
1) Install the 1.4007 version of the game.
2) Delete the appdata and mods folders.
3) Inside the gamedata folder: delete the spawns folder (if there is one) the spawns.db0, textures.db6 archives. Then in the levels folder delete la21_generators2.db0
4) Unpack the downloaded archive into the folder with the installed game confirming the replacement of the files.
5) Launch the launcher and in the mod section, install LADC Extended. (YOU MUST ENABLE THIS MOD TO GET UPDATES FOR IT)
6) After installing LADC Extended, you can install mods from the launcher to taste.
*I did a fresh install of 1.4007, then installed this. I recommend others do the same. DO NOT INSTALL ANY MODS IF DOING A FRESH INSTALL, WILL MAKE IT EASIER.
**1.4007 save games ARE NOT COMPATIBLE AND DO NOT USE ANY OLD MODS OR YOUR GAMEDATA FOLDER. YOU WILL NEED TO MANUALLY CHECK AGAINST THE NEW FILES IF YOU WANT TO MOD.
Patch notes located below, let it auto translate, there is so much fixed/changed! This update includes all previous storyline fixes and misc. updates like the engine update etc...
Some things to note after loading it up and playing/testing for a bit:
-The save system has been changed and is a bit odd. It will auto save upon moving in and out of camps. It seems like you can no longer quicksave (probably so there arent save file corruptions anymore) all the time, EXCEPT you can in designated "safe" areas. You can manually save in those same areas as well. I am guessing there are a number of those areas on each map.
-There are some included mods, like PRM weapon pack, etc...
-The HUD has been changed to just a simple line for your health.
*DC Extended eng text files ARE REQUIRED if you want the game to be in English, LINK BELOW. READ INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO INSTALL.
MISSING NPC's, OBJECTS, TEXTURES, ETC... ? DOWNLOAD THE NEW BINS!
(Place in gamedata folder and overwrite)
Some confirmed other small mods that work with DCE:
- Enemies throw grenades:
-Sleep anywhere mod: (this helps a lot if you want to skip to day time easier)
-LA quiet foot steps:
-dev mode enabler (launch the game from the provided bat) [WARNING: the last version in which it will work is 2.68 for the mod and 7791 bins, since the developer is a pissy little shit and thinks that cheating is worse than being a virgin that he is)