Dear illustrious Ladies and Gentlemen,
We would just like to inform you that we’ve been listening to your many requests and beautifully worded suggestions, and we’re giddy like school boys to bring you the biggest update for the game yet.
The biggest headline feature is that we’re incredibly proud to announce that we’ve added one of the most requested distinguished gentleman into the verbal battle arena. This legendary fine fellow requires no introduction, as he’s been saving our planet from vile alien creatures since most of us were still holding on to our mother’s pants leg. So please welcome the one-and-only, Sam “Serious” Stone!!! He’s not here to dilly-dally around and comes packing a whole arsenal of new devastating verbal weapons of mass destruction!
Besides the inclusion of Serious Sam, this update also introduces the following key improvements to the game and its multiplayer:
- New Guest Character: Sam “Serious” Stone - Can you figure out how to unlock him?
- Important! This version is NOT compatible with the previous one in the online multiplayer mode: The bad news is you won’t be able to play with your slower friends, but the good news is that you won’t be playing with pirates neither (for a while…) So in order to play with all available players online, make sure you install this update
- Requested multiplayer scoring changes: Disconnecting now counts as escaping, which constitutes a win for the opposing player.
- Multiplayer score changes are now saved after one of the players wins, but before the final dialogue (so you are free to disconnect during the dialogue)
- Bigger penalties if a player delays making their move for more than 10seconds, several times in a row
- Small tweaks in how the insults are spoken (they should sound a tiny bit more natural)
- Additional minor scoring changes
- Fixed some typos: Thanks to gentlemen in our community for rightfully reporting these unacceptable violations of the Queen’s English!
Please do not scurry too far away after installing this update though, as we have a lot more exciting surprises planned for the game. To this end, know that we’re keeping track of all guest character suggestions being put forward in the forums, so please keep these coming. We have more famous new faces lined up to join the verbal arena, so keep your eyes glued to your digital windows … you never know what other new surprises the dead parrot might bring you!
Thank you very much again for all of your venerable support!
The Vile Monarch