First I would like to mention that we now have a new irc channel. Gamesurge has been a bit too unstable for our likes, so thanks to the recommendation by Kaiser and AgentSpork, our new channel is on irc.OFTC.net channel #lms-mod The irc channel is a great place to talk in real time to the devs and to meet up with other players to get a game going.
In other news, progress has been going incredibly fast, especially on the coding side. Here is a brief list of things already accomplished:
* PDA Bug is fixed
* Player names now appear above a player's head, and show through walls so that players have an easier time finding each other as can be seen here(click on the images for bigger shot):
* Many reliable message overflow bugs have been crushed
* Weapons tweaked to reduce lag
* New High Score gui in development
* Weapon sound problem is fixed
* Many more! Next version is already much improved!
Regarding the next version, we are hoping to release it by the end of June. This means that anyone who wants to submit custom maps or other materials to the mod need to have them in by the 23rd of June. Also, we are excited to annouce that due to all improvements, and stability of the next version, we are going to be releasing it as 1.0 Official!
We really hope you are enjoying Beta 0.35! If you haven't picked it up yet you can grab the Windows version here:
Or the Linux version here:
Our Updated Mapcycle (place it in your lms folder) is located here: