Melbourne, VIC, 1 September 2016 – Independent Melbourne developer, Crackerjack Games, is rapt to announce the global release date for “Mutt Runners”. This new racing-RPG is coming exclusively to iOS and took the team of four over two years to build a great and engaging game.
In Mutt Runners, players race dogs in either a campaign single-player mode or against friends and players around the globe in real time. The racing mechanic has a Mario Kart element with mystery boxes and power-ups, while making use of swiping gestures to navigate each race track.
As you journey through the world map, you’ll unlock new breeds and terrains that are home to moving obstacles such as crabs, penguins and frogs. As you progress, your Mutts will evolve and new features such as breeding will be unlocked.
After a lengthy soft-launch period in Australia, Crackerjack is launching Mutt Runners globally on the 1st of September, 2016. When asked about the development process, Richard Rouse (Managing Director) said “we went to market super early so we could craft the best game experience by harnessing player feedback from our community of players. With players spending over 40 minutes per day playing Mutt Runners, we’re ready to let it rip.”
Download: Itunes.apple.com (Australia and Canada only until 1 September)
Press Kit: Crackerjackgames.com
Evolve and breed your Mutts to build the ultimate team! Race friends and players across the globe in REAL TIME. Swipe to navigate race tracks and tap to use abilities in an epic race to the finish. Unlock and collect your favorite breeds as you journey through the world map in your quest to become champion!
- Live multiplayer: Race friends and players across the globe in real time
- Epic racing action: Change lanes to avoid crabs, frogs, penguins and more. Collect mystery boxes, grab power-ups and knock down your opponents
- Watch your Mutts evolve as they grow in power
- Explore the world map in a racing campaign with different terrains, race tracks, trainers and bosses
- Breed your Mutts to discover exotic cross breeds
- Collect materials, craft collars and equip them on your Mutts
- Run your base of operations from your own Mutt Ranch
- Collect hundreds of Mutts, with all of your favorite breeds
About Crackerjack Games
Crackerjack Games is a small, passionate and collaborative independent mobile game studio. The team of four are headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. Crackerjack is obsessed with creating unique and memorable player experiences. Each update is thoughtfully crafted by harnessing the power of player feedback.