Modding for Tropico 6
I don't know if my research is just flimsy but I cannot find a proper excuse for the absence of modding for this game. Without a doubt Tropico 6 is a good game, but imagine the possibilities if Mods started popping up. I see a lot of people promoting the use of the Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) for modding support but again, no real source for that nor could I find modding tutorials for Tropico 6 to help those that encounter issues. However there is an article that stands out for some modding assistance, yet the last post was over a year ago.
Possible Ideas (shrug)
Ideas could include:
- Drugs/Cartel Mod (i've heard people say this is a mod for Tropico 6, but I cannot find it anywhere)
- More Building Options (more model choices for housing, parks, etc. maybe even introduce Asian, European, and other regional architectural building packs)
- Advanced Roads (connecting bridges, roads able to be side by side to add an avenue effect, better placement or placement override for roads, tunnels, and bridges, etc)
- Advanced Military (ability to dispatch units to posts around the island which will decrease crime but also cause negative approval, less "mosquito" invasions and bigger and more impactful invasions, etc)
- Customization Mods (mods that enable use of non-Tropico flags, coat of arms, motto, island/nation name, etc)
I don't know if modding support is still something being worked on by Kalypso, if they gave up on modding support, or if introducing modding at this point would just reduce the amount of attention Kalypso gives the game. Because modding could cause conflict with future DLC ideas that would be a lot more fine tuned if released by Kalypso themselves. However I still feel it is necessary just to voice my opinion and ideas incase modding does become available, and no I do not plan to make them, I have no idea how to mod videogames, just want to have a more in-depth gaming experience!
(links presented in this article are secure)
Feel free to reach out to me through ModDB messages or just reply to article.