The word of the day for us at LGM is modding. Not really surprising considering the unleashed reward-dealing mod-contest. We have a number of tutorials, guides, articles and template mods ready for you, but this is only the beginning. We'll be pushing a lot of such materials over the course of production, especially as new features are implemented.
The full update change-log can be found below and once more there's quite a lot of it, but please don't be disappointed with the less-than-usual amount of new features. We were terribly busy with mod integration and the necessary changes.
Why you do this? you might ask. Well, that modding contest I mentioned above... It's under way and staging a mod-creation contest without the game actually being moddable isn't such a good idea, is it ;). If you're interested, check out the linked Moddb pages and give modding Warlords a try!
One thing I'd like to point out right away: Do NOT mod enhancements just yet. It's doable, but once we're done with their re-work, your mods won't work anymore and you'd have to do some serious updating. So it's better to wait a bit with those (next update more than likely).
If the tutorials are not providing all the answers you need, please don't hesitate to post your questions in the modding sub-forum or send us an email directly on email@example.com.
We're really looking forward to seeing your handywork!
Safe travels, captains!
- Commodity description text was cut-off in some instances, on the Trader panel.
- While docked, if you placed a Go To waypoint on some distant location, then switched Go To back on the current location, the autopilot would still proceed to the first location marked. This is no longer the case.
- Firing weapons disables cloak, regardless if you've actually hit anything or not. This mechanic will be further updated.
- The SETH platform weapons had a weird offset from its turrets. This is now fixed.
- If you docked without seeing your ship (yep, this is possible), the ship would remain invisible in the hangar too. Well, no longer.
- Fixed a problem where if you transfered command to another ship, while you had 0 ammo on a heavy weapon, that weapon would disappear.
- The hangar will no longer disappear if you open the Starchart while landed.
- Enemy fleets will now be visible when it is appropriate, instead of "hiding" from you.
- Heavy weapon blast radius is now displayed properly
- In some cases your new ship could mysteriously get the paintjob of your previous ship, after loading. This doesn't happen any more.
- In some instances, your camera youd decide to switch between modes on its own. This should no longer happen, but if it does, please let us know.
- Fixed a problem that could potentially corrupt save files. Better safe than sorry.
- Average damage of a weapon on the Systems tab is now displayed properly.
- In some cases, collision meshes would remain after a structure was destroyed. No more hitting invisible walls.
- Collecting gas pockets from very close distances will no longer bug up the visual effect.
- You can no longer double-collect the same gas pocket at the same time.
- Several errors with hints and notifications are now fixed. Some words could get doubled or the shadow could decide to have a life of its own.
- Using Esc button to exit the Controls tab in the Settings panel, no longer Applies the changes, but reverts them.
- The Loki and Loki MKII (or "B") now use separate schematic images, as intended.
- Loki_B ship now has the proper name displayed, instead of "ERROR".
- In some instances the Starchart could get bugged up after selecting and deploying a civilian fleet.
- Skipping the Prologue intro cutscene no longer bugs up the game.
- If your ship was red hot from being in the sun for too long, transferring to a new ship will not make the new ship red hot as well.
- Bonuses are now displayed properly and in a timely fashion on the Records panel.
- The Load game panel will no longer try to convince you that your names is always Sparrow.
- If you managed to click on any object on the Starchart while the Starchart was shutting down, the Info portion could remain hanging. This can happen no longer.
- Attempting to Ram (as in skill) into a dying object could crash the game, but not anymore.
- On exiting the game, the log.txt was riddled with Errors related to collision meshes. This issue is now cleared just to make sure nothing remains hanging in memory.
- When you destroy a piece of junk, the target lock will no longer remain hanging on-screen for the next 10 seconds.
- If you were using the Chase camera and then Rammed into the target, the resulting perpetual camera shake could cause nausea. This is now fixed.
- Entering a hangar will remove all effects of a nearby anomaly.
- For an instant, the fog-of-war would disappear when closing the Starchart. Now it doesn't.
- Ship maneuverability is now displayed as intended.
- There was a potential problem where textures would get loaded into memory several times, causing memory leaks.
- Skill descriptions are no longer cut-off.
- The cursor no longer gets bugged-up when you finish a quest.
- If you docked while the Level up animation was taking place, you'd get a completely different ship. And the next time you leave the station the game would crash... Go figure how that makes any sense...
- Using the Grapple action is now possible on proper distance to target.
- Destroying a floating container (props object type) no longer triggers the target lock to remain hanging in space.
- Fixed a number of text errors related to commodity descriptions.
- Fixed a number of script issues that could potentially cause other problems.
- Fixed Heimdall freighter schematics images.
- New Gladiatrix arena added (hint: have a stroll through Baeldor).
- Shield hit system completely overhauled to ensure precision. Firing at the front shield will properly hit the front shield.
- You can now use Q and E keys to switch between war fleets on the Starchart.
- A new notification system is implemented on the HUD
- It appears on the left side of the screen.
- This panel will now display a lot of the various information that was, until now, displayed all over the screen.
- Color-coding of the notifications should make it easier to discern how important a notification is for you.
- Feedback is as always more than welcome.
- When you're not in combat, you now get a massive 300% shield regeneration increase.
- New stuff added to the Customization panel
- New cursors in the ship Customization panel (paint and rotation.
- New blending modes: difference, negation, dividem flat
- Artefact now has its proper loop and collect SFX.
- Added additional content across the game world (of all forms and scope).
- Added new gas pocket visuals.
- Added new random encounters to make the game world more lively and interesting (a lot more to come).
- Some perks were added
- Freelancer - increased Freelance job Credit and Experience reward.
- Beam training II, Beam training III.
- Railgun training II, Railgun training III.
- Plasma cannon training II, Plasma cannon training III.
- Heavy weapon training.
- Some perks were removed
- Student I, Student II, Student III.
- Field Commander IV removed. Field Commander V took its place (value-wise).
- Fleet leader.
- Shockwave training, Missile training and Fusion torpedo training are merged into a single Perk.
- Jucied is replaced by a default out-of-combat shield boost mechanics.
- Space wolf.
- Some perks were changed
- Corvette familiarity provides a 1000 points increase in shield strength.
- Cruiser familiarity doubles heavy weapon ammo count. This is also properly displayed..
- Fixer III was OP, but no longer.
- Some perks are temporarily disabled (they will get enabled once their functionality is fully implemented)
- Staunched defender
- Field logistics II
- Lab rat
- Empirical scientist
- Sensor master
- Tactical appraisal
- Pinpoint precision
- Field commander
- Some perks have been disabled until they're fully implemented.
- Soft reset is implemented for Perk points that are already used on changed Perks. Don't forget to redistribute them!
- The Perks received in the Character creation dialogue have been slightly altered, together with the dialogue.
- Damage-dealing skills now have proper damage type assigned to them (of importance for potential resistances).
- Garage ships are now saved by keyname instead of id. This is important for mods and compatibility.
- Damage-dealing skills now work on structures and platforms.
- Replaced the hull hit, but temporarily disabled the critical hit visual effect.
- Sensor, hail, transport, scan, dock via quickaction and target lock ranges tweaked for consistency and new range display and calculations.
- Using the Collector equipment on gas pockets now properly drops higher yields.
- Paintjobs are now properly saved for all your garage ships.
- The grapple SFX will stop playing after the grappling ship gets blown up. You know... like it's supposed to.
- If you use the delete key on a keybinding in the launcher -> settings, the bindings gets cleared if it was bound to something. But if the action wasn't bound to a key, then it will get bound to the Delete button.
- The SETH platform is more accurate.
- The Accept and Back buttons are more distant from one another on the Trader and Jobs board panels.
- OnPulse animation of one of the Mining operation structures tweaked due to new mesh position (the main model had an offset).
- The Shotgun skill can no longer cause critical hits that made it utterly OP.
- You can no longer land on Phaeneros from a 60k distance. You really need to get closer.
- Soak is now renamed to Dmg absorb.
- Skill info panel slightly changed.
- A whole lot of parameters are now saved differently (keyname instead of id for example). Saves should work properly regardless.
- Corrected dialogue node colors. Disabled nodes turned out to be bright red for some reason, in some instances.
- Skill descriptions updated with lore-related snippets.
- Updated the QuickStartGuide.pdf that comes with the game in the installation folder.
- Temporarily switched the main menu background due to the modding contest. Link button included.
- The GameLauncher now has the Mods section. Quite handy to have that when you want to use mods with the game ;).
- GoTo command improved to accomodate new distances and calculations (for all object sizes).
- Upgraded anomaly visuals.
- Gas collecting VFX and SFX are no longer handled through code, but are transfered onto scripts (CreateLocalLinked function).
- Stations no longer have the OnHail script hardcoded. This event now has to be manually added.
- Stations no longer have the OnDock script hardcoded. This event now has to be manually added.
- Values and texts displayed on the Skills panel are no longer wierdly hardcoded for no logical reason.
- Fighter wings now draw their names from name.txt, referenced by the database. Until now they took the value directly from the database.
- Light weapons now draw their names from name.txt. referenced by the database. Until now they took the value directly from the database.
- Heavy weapons now draw their names from name.txt. referenced by the database. Until now they took the value directly from the database.
- A completely new DialogueEditor is now available in the game root directory which should offer greater ease-of-use and more stability.
- Defense platform weapon range can now be modded properly.
- Data\Base\LightWeapons.wdt for actual range of a weapon.
- Data\Platforms\Template for assigning weapons to weapon battery slots of a platform.
- Production templates for all types are now susceptible to merging and appending.
- Asteroids now have OnHP script events.
- SetRelHP script function now works for asteroids.
- Updated Scripterion documentation.
- Updated Notepad++ language markup files.
For more information check out these links:
Starpoint Gemini Warlords homepage
Starpoint Gemini Warlords forum
Starpoint Gemini Warlords Steam store page
LGM Games dev-blog
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter