ATTENDANCE AT E3 2011
Warmest of hellos to all you saucy plum dumplings,
This year Marek, Nick and Ansel from the Miner Wars entourage will be visiting E3 2011.
The purpose of the visit will be to network, meet with distributors and allure some future clientele. Although there won’t be a Miner Wars exhibit this year, the crew would consider it a sporting good time if any fans of the game or curious individuals also attending E3 2011 would like to feature in a little rendezvous.
E3 2011 held from June 7 - 9th at the Los Angeles Convention Centre.
So, if you are attending the event and fancy a little engagement during the day or an after-hours imbibement, then please send us an email and we’ll sort out the times: email@example.com.
UPDATE COMING SOON
Every week we hold a meeting for fans, and every week the prominent question is: when is the next update?
Well we’ve heard the calls, and in a figurative sense we’ve been working around the clock. This next update will be a whopper and it couldn’t be done by incremental steps and outsourcing – we needed more staff, and only the most stand out senior developers.
As of yet, we’re still unable to give an exact date, but keep one’s nose plucked for early July (hint, hint).
However here are some details for those of you who are disinclined to pluck noses, prick-up ears and peel eyes.
Introducing some of the upcoming features:
- The in-game editor - build your own space ship, space station, any sort of space-like edifice you can think of. These structures will be made from prefab modules, and in the future we’re looking to feature ‘total destructibility’ for these objects.
A next generation renderer, featuring:
- Image Space LOD (Level of Detail) – seamless LOD with no popping artifacts
- Deferred rendering, unlimited light sources!
- Tons of optimizations!
- Screen space ambient occlusion
- Dynamic shadows
- Upgraded shaders, looking even more gorgeous
- New render quality setting - EXTREME – designed for newer hardware
- New render quality setting - LOW – designed for older hardware
- Backward compatibility with older hardware - Pixel Shader 2.0
- Converted to XNA 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010
- New installer and auto-updater / launcher with P2P optimizations
A reminder to fans, Keen Software House hosts meetings to the public every Sunday afternoon Pacific Standard Time. There will be a commentary followed by a Q&A session. You are free to voice your opinions on the game or fondle any curiosities.
US: Pacific Standard Time – Noon, Sunday
Eastern Time – 3pm
EU: Prague Time – 9pm, Sunday
More information: Minerwars.com
- Keen Software House a. s. is always taking suggestions and interested in your feedback. Post here:Minerwars.com
The game is still available at a generous discount. This package includes free access to the current build and free updates to the engine until the final stages of production.
To take advantage of this offer while it's still hot, please visit the Miner Wars store: