Middle-earth Extended Edition returns with the long awaited updates to the AI as well as numerous balances changes, several new maps and changes to camera height. The AIs of both vanilla and new factions have been updated to utilize the new features added in this mod. It will be released on 30th of September 2020. at 15:00 UTC+1.
- All factions' AIs make full use of:
- Hero and unit abilities (except those tied to Spellbook powers listed below).
- New structures and units (except those tied to Spellbook powers listed below).
- Unit formations.
- All factions' AIs make use of Spellbook powers.
- The only exepctions are The Free Peoples of Eriador, The One Ring, Necromancer of Dol-Guldur, Sorcery of Morgul and Shadow of the East, which are used either partially (the last three) or not at all (the first two). These issues will hopefully be resolved in the future.
- Mordor AI will no longer endlessly spam Haradrim units.
- New faction AIs work ONLY on maps provided by the mod and vanilla BFME 1 (maps from patch 1.06 included). They will NOT work on any custom maps and no support will be provided for such maps.
- The AI may appear too strong or too weak depending on the personal skill of the player. Further tuning will be done following player feedback.
- It is recommended to play against Hard AI, as it has been worked on the most.
Maps & Camera
- Added support for the following patch 1.06 maps:
- Tharbad - 3 players, Castles
- Desolation of Smaug - 5 players, Camps
- Dunland - 7 players, Camps
- Lamedon - 8 players, Castles
- Global light and time of the day settings changed in a number of maps.
- Near Harad - additional Outpost added on the northern side of the central cliff. One of the center left Settlements moved to the bottom left of the bottom left player's base.
- Lebbenin - building a structure at the Settlement to the north of the northern bottom right bridge will no longer cause the bridge to disappear.
- Default and maximum camera height increased from 300 to 450.
- Minimal camera height reduced from 50 to 5.
- Elite units (Fountain Guards, Black Numenorians, Ered Luin Adventurers, Galadhrim Warriors, Door Wardens, Royal Guards) - bounty set to 20.
- Rohan Ent Moot - build cost decreased from 5000 to 4000. Build time decreased from 180 to 150 seconds. No longer has 4 starting Ents.
- Rohan Peasants - attack damage increased from 5 to 6 and from 10 to 12 when drafted.
- Gondor Soldiers - attack damage increased from 10 to 12.
- Gondor Captain - bounty set to 25.
- Lossarnach Axemen - bonus damage against structures reduced from 100% to 50%.
- Elves Ent Moot - build time decreased from 160 to 150 seconds.
- Rivendell Swordmasters and Galadhrim Scouts bounty decreased from 10 to 5.
- Mirkwood Guardains - now use regular spearmen armor instead of the stronger Fountain Guard armor. Attack damage decreased from 50 to 25.
- Galadriel - damage from siege decreased from 50% to 25%. Damage from melee heroes decreased from 100% to 75%.
- Uruk Scouts - bounty set to 5. Attack speed slightly increased.
- Uruk Hai - cost increased from 200 to 300. Build time increased from 25 to 30 seconds. Attack damage increased from 10 to 15. Attack speed slightly increased.
- Isengard Captain - bounty set to 25. Build time increased from 40 to 45 seconds. Command point cost decreased from 20 to 15.
- Wildmen - attack damage reduced from 40 to 30. Bonus damage against structures reduced from 100% to 50%.
- Mordor Orc Warriors and Morgul Warriors had their attack speed slightly increased.
- Sauron - damage from siege decreased from 50% to 25%. Damage from melee heroes decreased from 100% to 75%.
- Gundabad Warriors - attack damage increased from 10 to 12. Attack speed slightly increased.
- Goblin-Town Orcs - attack speed slightly increased. Now use Mordor Orc armor instead of Creep armor.
- Dol-Guldur Wargs - health increased from 125 to 135.
- Summoned Dol-Guldur Wargs - attack damage increased from 30 to 60.
- Half-Trolls - bonus damage against structures reduced from 100% to 50%.
- Haradrim Palace - build time reduced from 30 to 20 seconds.
- Haradrim Tribesmen - damage from cavalry reduced from 200% to 100%. Damage from arrows increased from 50% to 125%. Damage from fire reduced from 30% to 20%. Damage from spearmen and pikemen increased from 50% to 75%.
- Variags of Khand - damage from arrows increased from 15% to 20%. Bonus damage against structures reduced from 100% to 50%.
- Hosts of Mordor - number of summoned Morgul Orc hordes reduced from 5 to 4.
- Wyrm damage to non-structure type units increased by 25%. Attack radius slightly decreased.
- Khamul and Nazgul - damage from arrows when mounted increased from 25% to 50%.
- Goblins - damage from swordsmen and axemen increased from 50% to 60%. Damage from cavalry increased from 50% to 75%.
For the best experience, it is warmly recommended
for players to play this mod online using
Hamachi, Gameranger or T3A:Online
For more information and instructions please read:
If you are using a Linux-type Operating system,
do the following to launch the mod:
Type "wine lotrbfme.exe -mod ExtendedEdition0.99.big"
BFME+ mod team.
LGDA5 mod team.
QFME mod team.
WKK3 mod team.
MathijsRevora and the former Shadow and Flame mod team.
The Third Age Net (and all the authors of the models and textures used in this mod).
And others whose names I may have forgotten...
Names are listed in no particular order.
Support me on Patreon:
Feel free to post your suggestions and report any bugs you encounter via comments or private messages on this site.