This update fixes several Bugs (including where players had unlimited popcap) and introduces some important Game Balance changes such as how the Guardian Angel protects new players and how Sugar is utilised by Mega-Mebas.
1. decreased Angel shooting range by 20% ( from 25 to 20 ), and splash damage from 6 to 5.
- this gives more space for other players to navigate around Angels
2. Kept the distance that 'disables' a spawn point at 25 however, to reduce the incidence of spawn frags
3. Reduced Angel's life by 30% so that it dies quicker. (new players had it for too long, potentially blocking other players from areas )
4. Added an additional faint ring to display potential splash damage radious when hovering over Angels/Catapults
1. Doubled the total number of Metal deposits per map as compared to Sugar to reflect their relative use
2. Removed the 'Build Mechanic' requirement for Sugar
- now it works the same way as the Metal, simply move the Mega near a Sugar and wait!
3. Updated AI player behaviour to accommodate this
1. Start pack removed once player dies to prevent resource crowding
2. Fixed PopCap bug for players - new popcap limit for Owners 1200
3. Nerfed Mini Tanks: decreased their armour from 300 to 200 thereby tipping the balance in favour of Stabbers (see video )
4. upon new player registration, Lobby chat didn't work after leaving the Tutorial map
5. Updated Tutorial Descriptions to reflect the above changes ( including Population cap )
Changes coming up next:
1. New Game mode: DeathMatch! (prototype)
2. All morphed mebas start with the 'Factory Turret' ability!
- you will no longer need to sacrifice a Mega just to make Minis, you will be able to produce them from any morphed Mega