To all Mappers & Other Artists
Double Action needs your original content and creations! With all the new players coming aboard it gets a bit over-played and with some new maps it would help out a ton to keep the Double Action experience vivid and full even more so. I suggest playing the game first to get an idea for what to create. Keep in mind an action movie sort of theme with plenty of uses around the levels to dive across or roll or slide under things, with lots of breakables and plenty glass panes to dive through. As for models, we will take in any weapons and player models made originally for DA.
How to Get Started:
- Make sure you have Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer installed under Tools.
- Install the latest version of DA if you haven't already.
- Copy the "dab" folder found in Steam\steamapps\sourcemods.
- Paste it in here: Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\hl2mp and merge all folders.
- Look in Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\bin to find hammer.bat.
- Launch with the HL2DM config.
You are now ready to map for Double Action with all the content that's in DA currently.
At this time there are no new entities so the hl2mp.fgd is all you need.
If you need inspiration or help or feedback with your maps please come to the forums, the community will gladly give you proper input.