I've been a bit quiet on the news front lately so I thought I'd post an update. The project has been quiet in news only, and have been busy developing the project. I'd really love to dive more into the modeling side to make some nice screenshots and video's, however I'm more committed to get core functionality working and working well. Unfortunately no one want's to see boring lines of code.
Some new features added and or optimised include:
- Game Introduction functionality: i.e tutorial dialogs.
- Godrays: Post Process added.
- Settings window: Ability to control post process effects whether level is loaded or not.
- Settings .ini file: Saves your in game settings.
- Rewritten Quest system: The problem I can forsee with the previous version was.... If I enter a different world and still need to reference a quest in the previous world how could I do this if it isn't loaded. This problem was overcome.
- View port widget and character linking: A view port pointing at the character talking now implemented. However this still needs work and seems to really kill the frame rate. I also need to make it look more visually appealing with a border etc.
- Various bug fixes.
- Core GUI system was heavily optimised: In the previous revision it two buttons were enabled; are on top of each other then clicked, Both buttons would fire the click event etc. Now only the topmost will click as expected. Windows now only handle it's children state events.
- Purchased sounds pack.
- Created new tree models.
- Project Perception Neuron Funded: I'm really trying to hold of character animations as I will be able to create my own mocap ones. This solution is released Febuary 2015 I believe. Can't wait to get my hands on this and hopefully will deliver quality results. Kickstarter.com
With core functionality really is wrapping up which is exciting and production will start shift to story, scene, and character creation.