Written by Spinobreaker:
Greetings all... Today I have two sets of news, one everyone wants to know and one no one really cares about...
Firstly, the patch is done...
here it is Files.gamefront.com
Ok here is a list of changes starting with the big one
- Icons are fixed. All dead icons have been fixed, and new ones added for new units... but for some odd reason, no matter what I try I cant get the ZPM hive and the Assault cruisers icons to work, and its driving me nuts...
- Text is done. About 80-90% of the text has been fixed, as much as we could work out. All planets units u name it should have text, still a few minor missings but nothing u all cant work out...
- New Supergate setup. Ok this is very very very cool. Play any map with a supergate, go over to it and click on it one it turns ur player color. U will be given 3 or 4 build options (3 for tauri and 4 for goauld). As Goauld u get Dial Ori Galaxy (Ori MS Doce Adria Ori Fighter), Dial Pegasus (All wraith ships, darts, hives, assault cruisers, normal cruisers, a carrier hive, ZPM Hive, and Michael) , Dial Ida (Repli fighter/bomber/scout, Repli Cruiser, Repli Frigate, Repli Assault frigate, Repli Capital ship,RepliCarter, and RepliFifth) and last but not least, Dial Milky Way (all system lord heros, Anubis, the weapon capable anubis mothersship and the Goauld Upgrades). For Tauri you get Dial Pegasus (All three lantian ships, Shepard, Lorne, Larin, Primary Teyla, and Todd) , Dial Ida (Loki, Freyr, Asgard anti replicator satillite, Odyssey, Apollo, Hammond in a 303, BC304 MK2, and the two upgrades to unlock some of them) and Dial Milky Way (Korolev, Mzel, Artok, Bratek (no text ), Raknor, Grace fighters, and grace frigates).
- New Skirish maps. 4 new skrimish maps. To play as one of the normally not playable races select all you need to do is select the map and then look at the name. Next to a race itll either say (G) or (T). All you need to do is select that playable race, (G) for goauld and (T) for tauri. Then when u start, go to ur starbase and have a look.
Ok The new maps are as following,
- Ori (G) V Milky Way (T) - The ori get a supergate and buildable ori fighters, ori motherships, Adria, Doci and normal goauld upgrades, and the 'milky way' gets a tauri starbase, from that u can build the 302s, 304s, Free Jaffa old Hataks, Free Jaffa New Hataks, Tokra Hataks, Lucain Alliance Hataks, Odyssey, Korolev and normal upgrades.
Replibugs (G) V Asgard (T) – The Replicators get there starbase with a shield and they have replicarter, replififth, repli capital ship, spider ship, the assault frigate and normal gaould upgrades. Asgard get a tauri starbase but its limited to only Beliskners, Daniel Jackson, Oniel, Loki, Freyr, Thor and normal tauri upgrades.
Wraith (G) V Atlantis (T) – Wraith get all the Wraith units mentioned in the supergate dial code, as well as normal goauld upgrades, its a wraith starbase equiped with a ZPM Room, therefor giving it a dense hull and extreemly powerful weapons. Atlantis gets a normal tauri starbase but limited to jumpers, 302s, 304s, Daedalus with beam weapons, Apollo (not 100% working ) the General Hammond, Shepard, Lorne, Larin, todd and Primary Teyla.
Wriath (G) V Lantians (T) – Wraith same as above. Lantians get a custom defense platform. It has stronger shields and fires more drones than the normal one. From it u can build jumpers lantian cruisers, lantian corvettes, lantian warships, The Aurora, and the normal tauri upgrades.
- NEW GC – Called Stargate Universe – The Ultimate War. U can play as anubis or the tauri, as per normal. Difference is its EVERY planet in one massive map. Be warned almost every planet is defended by someone or sometihng. As Tauri as u tech up u will receive more heros, no events, take what u want, once u take all the planets u win. As Anubis its the same deal, tech up means more heroes, capture every planet in all the galaxies to win... but be wanred. There will probably be considerable lag when starting this one. It is HUGE, its insane, it is the Ultimate stargate war.
Ok to install this u need the original install, patched with merlins hotfix / patch thingy , then u put this over the top of those files (normally in STAR WARS EMPIRE AT WAR / GAMEDATA / MODS / STARGATE / DATA. You should be prompted to do a replace. Click Yes to all. And bam its done any issues comment belowand others will help u out.
This concludes the majority of my changes. This wont fix everything, and it has its own bugs, like the AI cant hit the supergate properly and the AI dont use it. Easy enough to fix with a new model with a bone leading to the outer edge u can link a hardpoint to and call it control crystal or sometihng.
Id like to take this opportunity to say thanks to those who have helped me over the years, Merlin, Zero, Nauh, RDA, u all know who u r, even if I havn't named u, thanks a tone for all the effort uve put in and the help uve given me...
As for my second set of news. As of the time of release of this patch im pulling the plug on working with the EAW team. Ill be making a TV show and I need to put my time and effort into that. So I will not be on all the time like I am now. I will be on when I can. Anyone interested in taking my place as english sound capture/coder for the next release PM me or comment below.
Also if u live in brisbane and am willing to lend me some of ur time PM me as well. As all help is welcome.
I have enjoyed my time working on this mod, its been a blast, ive learnt so much and made a few friends along the way. I wont be removing any of my old blogs so u can still comment and if I notice ill reply when I can.
Thanks, its been a blast
This is Spinobreaker, signing out
If you wanna post your oppinion or discuss about the patch, please use this forum topic: